This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Helps develop, organize and implement high quality youth and preschool sports programs.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with the strategic and operating plans.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in programs.
- Coordinates, secures and schedules facilities usage and rentals in collaboration with other departments and community partners.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet YMCA objectives. Expands sports program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Transports and sets up equipment for games and practices.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of sports program information, may organize and schedule program registrations. Review and process program scholarship applications.
- Helps develop, implement and supervise youth, teen and adult sport programs and leagues
- Previous YMCA experience preferred.
- Available to work nights and weekends required.
- Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include: completion of: Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff; Working with Program Volunteers.
- CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Completion of YMCA program-specific certifications.
- Adheres to the YMCA of Pawtucket code of conduct, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets.
Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations.