Sample Resume for a Biochemist
If you need to improve the organic reaction to your resume, focus on your biochemistry specialty areas and the results of your work. Get ideas from this sample resume for a midlevel biochemist below. View and download the Biochemist resume template in Word.
Learn more about science careers.
Biochemist Resume Sample
55 Cloister Ave.
Sometown, FL 33116
BIOCHEMIST SPECIALIZING IN PROTEIN BIOCHEMISTRY & PURIFICATION
Technically skilled biochemist offering a four-year history of proven performance in therapeutic protein purification, analytical assay development and immunoassay reagent creation furthering the prevention, early detection, diagnosis and treatment of diseases. Knowledge of FDA, ISO and cGMP requirements; laboratory protocols; quality procedures; and analytical instrumentation.
Processes: Protein Synthesis/Purification, Peptide Mapping, Immunoaffinity Chromatographic Immunoassay Development, Gel Electrophoresis, Bioanalytical & Purification Yield Analysis, Conformational Studies, Analytical Assay Validations, Flow Cytometry
Instrumentation & Technologies: HPLC, LC-MS, IC, ICP, NMR, GE-AKTA Purification Systems
ABC Company, Sometown, FL
Provides laboratory diagnostics and medical-imaging technologies to aid in human and animal health.
Biochemist II, 6/09 to Present
Biochemist I, 6/08 to 6/09
Advanced to biochemist II role to perform protein purification supporting the manufacture of immunoassay reagents that aid in diagnostic solutions.
Highlights of Results:
- Synthesized and purified proteins using chromatography methods, gel electrophoresis, immunoprecipitation and other scientific methods.
- Isolated target proteins and obtained pure samples to enable further structural studies, facilitate antibody generation and enable the creation of binding assays.
- Optimized laboratory instrumentation and stringently followed quality controls, laboratory best practices and scientific protocols related to protein purification.
- Performed complex data analysis; prepared reports complying with FDA, ISO, cGMP and internal regulations; and coordinated material, instrument and process validations.
- Contributed research for published articles on protein biochemistry and purification, polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies and immunodiagnostic technologies. (Publication list available on request.)
Internship: Served as a Biochemist Intern at ABC Company during summers in 2006 and 2007, leading to full-time employment offer after earning master’s degree.
DEF University, Sometown, FL
Master of Science in Biochemistry, 5/08 (GPA: 3.6)
Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry, Minor in Statistics, 5/06 (GPA: 3.5)
- Master’s Thesis: Applications for Protein Expression Microarrays in the Detection of Pathogens Associated with Cardiovascular Disease