Questions to Ask Online MBA Schools
If you're thinking about signing up for an online MBA program, it's wise to know what you're getting into. Here's a list of questions to ask the admissions counselor:
- What percentage of the coursework is presented online, in person, via phone or on video?
- What career counseling and placement options are available, and how long after graduation can I access those services?
- Do you have any networking groups?
- Are you accredited? If so, by whom?
- What are tuition, fees, books and supplies going to cost? What other expenses will I incur?
- What training do faculty members receive?
- Do the same professors teach online and on-campus courses?
- Can you provide the names and phone numbers of graduates in my area of expertise or in my town?
- Are classes synchronous (meaning you must be in a chat room at a particular time) or asynchronous (meaning you post your comments whenever)?
- Do I have to take proctored exams? Where and how will that happen?
- Is the program ongoing, or is there a particular start date?
- Will I move through the program with a single group or on my own?
- What is your dropout rate?
- How many hours of work are involved each week?
- What are your refund policies?
- Do I have to buy my books from your store?
- Do you have financial aid information?
- Does my employer have a program with your school?
- How can I get my employer to pick up the tab for this degree?
- What prior experience must applicants have? If the answer is none, consider how valuable your interactions with fellow students are going to be.
Articles in This Feature: