Sample resume for a midlevel IT developer
If data aggregation is a breeze for you, but your resume just makes you aggravated, check out our midlevel database developer sample for inspiration.
To be a successful candidate for tech jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. If you have no problem with data aggregation, but your IT resume just makes you plain aggravated, check out this sample resume of a midlevel database developer that Isaacs created below. You can also download the midlevel IT developer resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Jobs for IT developers are projected to grow by 24% (or 302,500 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You’ll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: California, Massachusetts, Texas, Virginia, and New York; and in the following metropolitan areas: San Jose, CA; Washington D.C.; Boston; New York City; and Los Angeles.
In this job, you can expect to make a median wage of $103,560 per year, or $49.79 per hour, according to the BLS.
Midlevel IT Developer Resume Template
Sometown, MI 48901
email@example.com | LinkedIn URL | Twitter Handle
- Diligent and productive database developer with a high level of work integrity. Backed by solid credentials, technical acumen and an exemplary-rated work history in database development.
- Experience developing server-side database management system (DBMS) applications on multiple platforms. Maintain security infrastructure and best practices.
- Proven success designing high-integrity relational/dimensional databases and business intelligence solutions supporting critical business areas.
Visual Studio | .Net | C# | VBA for Access | ASP | ASP.NET | SQL Server | Transact-SQL Oracle | SSIS | SSAS | SSRS | SAP ASE | Ingres | MDX | C++ | C | Perl | MS Access
Database Development | BI Solutions | Data Warehousing & Integration |Object & Dimensional Modeling OLAP & OLTP Data Modeling | Scripting, Coding & Documentation
ABC Company, Electronics reseller and distributor with a global clientele
Database Developer, 6/12 to Present
Junior Database Developer, 9/10 to 6/12
Define system/user requirements to design, develop, document, test and implement data models, database architecture and DBMS/BI solutions supporting sales, marketing, ecommerce, finance, customer service, billing and other crucial business functions.
- Developed new and customized existing databases using a variety of technologies, languages and programming tools.
- Worked on team and individual development projects to deliver secure, robust and scalable DBMS/BI solutions that helped improve efficiency, information security, data integrity and customer satisfaction.
- Partnered with Web developers to create database-backed Web site that accelerated customer order fulfillment sixfold and elevated ecommerce sales by $850K in three months.
- Identified and rectified a programming flaw in core CRM database. Prevented the irretrievable data loss of dozens of product orders totaling more than $150K.
XYZ University -- Sometown, MI
BS in Information Technology (Database Emphasis), Minor in Math
"...Tom continues to excel as a database developer...he equipped our marketing, sales and billing groups with business intelligence tools that improved operations, efficiency and profitability..."
“…As a result of Tom’s efforts in customizing our CRM database, we are now able to provide an unprecedented level of service and support to our domestic and international customers…”
“...of particular value to me has been Tom’s ability to identify and resolve glitches…His efforts prevented a potentially disastrous data loss...he is a key member of our IT team…”