Cover letter examples by industry
A good cover letter highlights the specific skills employers are looking for. Check out these cover letter examples for a variety of industries.
If you're wondering how to write a cover letter, you're in the right place! It doesn't matter what level you're at in your career—to get noticed by potential employers, your professional cover letter needs to knock their socks off. Your cover letter is much more than friendly greeting; it's a tool that lets hiring managers know that you're the candidate they've been hoping for.
Recruiters and hiring managers have seen every type of cover letter format imaginable. For maximum wow-factor, you must build a cover letter that highlights your industry-specific experience, accomplishments, and credentials.
- Start with the proper greeting: Address your cover letter to the person who will be reading it.
- Introduce yourself with an opening: Write a personable, inviting opening paragraph that highlights how your skills are a perfect fit to the company and position.
- Get them interested with a compelling hook: Highlight your past achievements as they relate to the job you're applying for.
- Promote your skills: Highlight your additional relevant skills, such as computer languages or certifications.
- Thank them in the close: Briefly recap your strengths as a candidate, thank the reader for their time, and include your contact information.
If you need cover letter help, check out these cover letter templates for various careers and career levels in the following industries:
Administrative/Support Cover Letter Examples
Art/Design/Media Cover Letter Examples
Business Cover Letter Examples
Education Cover Letter Examples
Engineering Cover Letter Examples
Finance/Accounting Cover Letter Examples
Health Care Cover Letter Examples
- Caregiver Cover Letter
- Dental Assistant Cover Letter
- Dental Hygienist Cover Letter
- Medical Assistant Cover Letter
- Midlevel Pharmacy Technician Cover Letter
- Social Worker Cover Letter
- Vet Tech Cover Letter
Human Resources Cover Letter Examples
Job Search Cover Letter Examples
- Approach Cover Letter
- Career Change Cover Letter
- Early Career Change Cover Letter
- Mid-Career Cover Letter
- Monster Job Posting Cover Letter
- Interview Thank-You Letter
- Unemployed Cover Letter
Law Enforcement and Legal Cover Letter Examples
- Firefighter Cover Letter
- Judicial Clerkship Cover Letter
- Paralegal Cover Letter
- Police Officer Cover Letter
Marketing and PR Cover Letter Examples
Military Cover Letter Examples
Nurse Cover Letter Examples
Restaurant and Hospitality Cover Letter Examples
Retail Cover Letter Examples
Sales Cover Letter Examples
Science Cover Letter Examples
Student Cover Letter Examples
Technology Cover Letter Examples
- Computer Science Cover Letter
- IT Professional Cover Letter
- Software Engineer Cover Letter
- Web Developer Cover Letter
Trades Cover Letter Examples
Transportation and Warehousing Cover Letter Examples
Found the right cover letter? Now you just need to find the right job to send it to. You can get email alerts for jobs in your area when you sign up for a Monster membership, saving you time for other important things. Like, figuring out what to wear to your interview.