Dos and Don'ts of Big Four Interviews
- Say only positive things about accounting.
- Know the differences between Big Four companies, and be ready to explain to each why it is the perfect employer for you.
- Think before you speak, and never curse.
- Talk about 80 percent of the time in an on-campus interview.
- If you're a foreign student, consider Ernst & Young. It hires candidates that need sponsorship.
- Send a written thank-you letter to everyone who interviews you.
- Show up in sneakers.
- Treat communications with the firm casually. Your emails and voice mails will be scrutinized.
- Let your guard down during the lunch or dinner portion of the interview. Order something you can eat without spilling.
- Talk more than 50 percent of the time during an in-office interview.