Finance and Accounting Career Advice
Check out Monster's career advice articles especially for accounting, finance and banking professionals. Find out about the many careers paths in these fields and get advice on finding a job, tailoring your resume, preparing for an interview, learning about training and certification options, and more.
Learn more about accounting careers.
JOB HUNT STRATEGY
- Tips for Finding Your First Finance Job
- Work with Finance Recruiters
- Recession-Proof Your Finance Job
- Laid Off in Financial Services? 11 Job Options to Consider
- Where the Mortgage Jobs Are Now
- Land a Finance Job in the EU
- How to Target the Right Analyst Specialty in Finance
- Banking Can Be a Great Duty Station for Ex-Military
- MBA Grads Facing Most Challenging Job Market in Decades
Company & Industry Research
- Accounting Career Paths
- Accounting: Myth vs. Reality
- Accounting Careers FAQ
- Finance Jobs
- A Bachelor's in Finance Can Equal a Great Career
- No Job Is Recession-Proof, but These Finance and Accounting Jobs Come Close
- 2013 Finance Jobs Outlook
- 2012 Finance, Accounting and Banking Job Outlook
- 2011 Finance Employment Outlook
- Troubled Assets Creating Financial Services Jobs
- Finance Jobs Outlook Cautiously Optimistic for 2010
- Finance Hiring Outlook Mostly Cloudy for 2009
- SOX Is a Hot Skill in Accounting
- Burned Out on Public Accounting?
- Seasonal Tax-Preparation Jobs
- How Do I Become a Wall Street Equities Analyst?
- Roll the Dice as a Stockbroker
- Read Your Way to Wall Street
- Play Ball as a Sports Accountant
- Entertainment Accounting
- Pursue a Finance Career in Healthcare
- Government Finance Careers
- Budget Analyst Careers in the Public Sector
- Insurance Industry Fueled by Finance, Accounting Professionals
- Environmental Accountants Do It for the Green
- Find Your Fit in Nonprofit Finance
- Accounting Careers Go Global
- Fight Fraud as a Forensic Accountant
- Fight Financial Fraud
- Forensic Economists
- Careers in Quantitative Finance Add Up
- Banking's Sweet Spot: Mortgage Servicing
- Banks in Search of Emerging-Market Specialists
- Mortgage Loan Officer Careers
- Reverse Mortgage Lending Jobs
- Bank Branch Management
- Become a Financial Planner
- Best Books for Financial Planners
- Become a Portfolio Manager
- Elder Care Accountants Manage Baby Boomers' Finances
- All About Actuaries
- Build a Career in Real Estate Development
RESUMES & COVER LETTERS
Resume Writing Tips
- Sample Resume for a Bookkeeper
- Sample Resume for a Mid-Career Accounts Payable Specialist
- Sample Resume for an Entry-Level CPA
- Sample Resume for a Financial Analyst
- Sample Resume for an Investment Banker
Cover Letter Tips
Cover Letter Samples
- The Undergraduate's Guide to the Big Four Interview
- The Experienced Accountant's Guide to the Big Four Interview
- Dos and Don'ts of Big Four Interviews
- Ace the Case Interview
- Get Ready for Your Insurance Industry Interview
- Escape the Taint of Scandal
- The Best-Paying Finance Jobs
- The Value of an MBA
- Wall Street's Gender Pay Gap
- How Women Succeed in Finance
Education & Training
- Sorting Out the Options in Accounting Education
- Changes Ahead for Accounting Certification
- Best Bets to Prep for the CPA Exam
- CPA or CMA?
- CPA or MBA?
- Is the CFA Right for You?
- IFRS Education: Why Accountants Should Get It Before It’s Hot
- A Kinder, More Ethical MBA?
- Fortune 100 Finance Internship Raises the Value of Your Personal Stock
IN THE WORKPLACE
Starting a Job
Learn more about a career in accounting, finance, and banking.
Learn more about banking careers.
Learn more about finance careers.