Sample resume for an entry-level biochemist
This resume sample shows how internship experience and academic credentials can serve as strong building blocks for an entry-level biochemist resume.
To be a successful candidate for biochemist jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. This sample resume she created shows how your internship experience and academic credentials can serve as strong building blocks for your entry-level biochemist resume.
You can view the sample below or download the entry-level biochemist resume template in Word. And if you need more help, let the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service create a high-impact resume for you that will impress employers.
Jobs for biochemists are projected to grow by 11% (or 3,600 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, which is faster than average, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: New Jersey, California, Massachusetts, Texas, and Pennsylvania; and in the following metropolitan areas: Newark, NJ; Boston; New York City; Montgomery County, PA; and San Francisco.
As a biochemist, you can expect to earn a median wage of $91,190 per year, or $43.84 per hour, according to the BLS, though the starting salary for entry-level positions is obviously lower.
Entry-Level Biochemist Resume Sample
55 Foster St. | Sometown, MA 02453
(555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
Biochemist Associate Scientist Parkinson’s Disease Researcher
- Dedicated biochemist seeking to leverage upcoming biochemistry degree as well as current internship at a respected biochemistry R&D firm to secure a lab position focused on Parkinson’s disease research.
- Passion for enhancing global human health by contributing to cellular research, disease prevention and diagnostic improvements.
- Able to leverage quantitative strengths to solve technical problems, advance scientific breakthroughs and support innovative assay development.
ABC University, Sometown, MA
Bachelor of Science in Life Sciences, Concentration in Biochemistry, in progress
Current GPA: 3.8/4.0 Honors: National Deans’ List, President's List, Arthur R. Schaeffer Scholarship
Thesis: Early Signs of Mitochondrial Dysfunction in Parkinson's Disease
ABC Company, Sometown, MA
Biochemist Intern, 6/16 to Present
Selected for intensive internship working alongside senior scientists. Assisted in research and development efforts for clinical diagnostics products aiding in the treatment of diabetes. Achievements:
- Gained wet lab experience and knowledge of biochemical and cell-based assays research supporting diagnostic solutions in diabetes treatment.
- Cultured cells, performed laboratory calculations, prepared solutions/dilutions and completed pre-imaging cell staining.
- Participated in cell counting, cell sorting, biomarker detection and protein engineering using state-of-the-art flow cytometry technology.
- Earned supervisor accolades: “…Lane was easily one of the best student employees we have ever had…diligent in collecting research data, performing complex analyses and interpreting test results…”
DEF Company, Sometown, MA
Membership Sales, 9/12 to 6/16 (seasonal)
Assisted front-desk operations in selling memberships and fitness-related products. Achievements:
- Met or exceeded membership sales quota by up to 150% every month of tenure.
- Helped coordinate promotions, including bodybuilder appearances, open houses and holiday parties.
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- American Chemical Society