Sample resume for a welder supervisor
Wondering how to put together a job-winning resume for a welder supervisor position? Use this sample as your blueprint.
To be the successful candidate for a skilled trades job, it helps to have a comprehensive resume. View our sample resume for a welder supervisor below to get ideas on how to fill out your own resume, and download the sample resume for a welder supervisor in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
1202 West 23rd Street · Baltimore, Maryland 21218
email@example.com · 410-555-2002 · cell 410-555-2008
Talented and precision-focused with more than 10 years’ experience in welding, tool and machine fabrication, inspection, and supervision. Excel at improving productivity and maintaining exceptional safety standards. Success conducting thorough inspections and ensuring adherence to superior quality controls. Outstanding design, blueprint reading, and mathematical abilities. Continually follow advances in welding industry to maximize efficiency.
- Structural & Steel Welding Capability
- Rotational Capacity Testing
- AASHTO/FHWA Specifications
- Team Training & Competence Building
- Team Collaboration Expertise
- Qualification Testing
- Quarterly Machine Calibration
- Bolt Pretension Testing
Ramo & Sons, Baltimore, Maryland, 6/2014 – Present
Oversee and coordinate efforts of eight welders engaged in fabrication of heavy metal products and mechanical tools and machinery. Participate in design of customized tools and interpret blueprints to effectively instruct welders in advanced fabrication techniques. Perform welding of critical and high-value components. Inspect all fabricated materials after assembly for adherence to blueprint specifications and quality standards. Contribute to staff management to include hiring, shift scheduling, training, and team building.
- Boosted productivity and reduced shop downtime by continually researching and implementing the latest tools, equipment, and techniques.
- Reduced turnaround times and saved $2,000/month through steadfast development of standardized procedures.
- Substantially improved existing procedures and enhanced the QA process while establishing open lines of communication with management.
Reddick Welding, Inc., Baltimore, Maryland, 3/2012 – 6/2014
Inspected welded steel parts for large-scale tool and machine organization, performing visual (VT) and liquid penetrant (PT) inspections to assess quality of fabrications; ensured compliance with customer specifications and internal QA guidelines. Checked parts against blueprints and inspection reports to determine accuracy. Discussed modifications with welders and addressed schedule variances with shipping department. Repaired and welded machine parts and plant equipment; performed sheet metal fabrications.
- Developed specialized tracking method to monitor and improve welding department accuracy and productivity.
- Identified and corrected quality issue with major welding project, preventing potentially thousands of dollars in future repair and damage costs.
D-West Mechanical, Baltimore, Maryland, 9/2007 – 2/2012
Welder / Toolmaker
Applied expertise with MIG / TIG / Stick / MAG and Fluxcore welding to assemble fabricated metal products. Operated plasma cutter and acetylene torches. Fabricated tools in accordance with blueprints; installed, dismantled, and moved machinery / heavy equipment according to written plans and drawings. Set up, assembled, and tack welded parts. Provided maintenance and repair of welding equipment. Maintained welding station to include changing wire reels, feeders, guns, tips, cups and sleeves.
- Proactively assisted team members, interacting positively to ensure timely, quality completion of critical projects within deadline.
- Assumed shop supervisor responsibilities in absence of manager.
Education and Credentials
Basic and Advanced Stick Welding ~ MIG Welding ~ TIG Welding
Delta School of Trades – Baltimore, Maryland
American Welding Society (AWS) Certification
CWI – Certification of Welding Inspectors
CWS – Certification of Welding Supervisors
Member – American Welding Society