These 5 industries are hiring like crazy right now
The overall economy added 280,000 new jobs last month, but 77% of them were in these fields.
Despite unemployment remaining steady in May, the economy still produced 280,000 new jobs, beating the average monthly gain of 251,000 from the past year, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday. Since March, jobs have increased by an average of 207,000 per month.
Huzzah for you, job seeker. Your chance for a new gig continues to improve.
Of course, you’ll have an even better shot if you concentrate your search in these five fields‑-which accounted for three quarters of the new job growth last month:
Professional and business services
- Jobs added in May: 63,000
- Jobs added past 12 months: 671,000
- Particular growth areas: computer systems design and related services, temporary help services, management and technical consulting services and architectural and engineering services
Leisure and hospitality
- Jobs added in May: 57,000
- Jobs added past 12 months: 57,000
- Particular growth areas: arts, entertainment and recreation.
- Jobs added in May: 47,000
- Jobs added past 12 months: 408,000
- Particular growth areas: Ambulatory care services (which includes home health care services and outpatient care centers) and hospitals.
- Jobs added: 31,000
- Jobs added past 12 months: 288,000
- Particular growth areas: automobile dealers
- Jobs added: 17,000
- Jobs added past 12 months: 273,000
- Particular growth areas: none specified
Other articles from Monster that will help you FindBetter