Interview questions for a customer service job
In this case, your interviewer is the customer.
Are you looking for a customer service job? Be ready to talk about your skills and experience during the job interview. Prepare your customer service interview answers to the interview questions on this list:
- Tell me about your previous work experience in customer service.
- Why would you be a good fit for our company as a customer service rep?
- What do you know about this company's products and services?
- What makes you a great candidate for this customer service rep job in particular?
- What do you enjoy about working in customer service?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses when interacting with customers?
- What have you done to be a better customer service representative?
- What have you done at your present/last company to increase revenues, reduce costs or save time?
- Tell me about a time when you helped resolve a particularly difficult customer issue.
- Talk about a time when you were unable to help a customer. What was the issue and how did you handle the situation?
- What type of customer service systems have you used? What is your level of familiarity with them?
- Do you consider yourself a team player?
- What type of organizational structure have you worked within previously?
- What type of organizational structure suits you best?
- What have you done recently to improve your skills as customer service rep?
- What type of schedule are you looking to work?
- Would you be available to work additional shifts?
Learn more about customer service careers.
Like what you've read? Join Monster to get personalized articles and job recommendations—and to help recruiters find you.