Laid off? Eight effective ways to respond
If you’re out of work or think you might be soon, you’ll need to mount a strategic and focused job search. These eight tips will get you started.
2. Get out the contact list
3. Inventory what you offer
4. Define your targets
5. Cultivate multiple channels
6. Create channels for people to find you
7. Follow the Pareto Principle
8. Get out and talk to people
- Laid Off -- Now What? home
- Laid Off? Eight Effective Ways to Respond
- Eight Tips for Job Hunting During the Recession
- Look for Work in Troubled Times
- Job Termination and Your Resume
- The Layoff Survival Kit
- Unemployment Insurance and You
- Laid Off? Six Steps to Manage Your Finances
- What Should You Do with Your 401k After a Layoff?
- Managing Your Layoff
- Bouncing Back After Being Laid Off
- When to Target a Lower Position
- Is Starting Your Own Business the Answer?