Sample resume for an experienced IT developer
View this sample resume for an experienced software developer, and download the resume template in Word.
Are you an expert in software development but a novice in resume development? To be a successful candidate for tech jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. For inspiration on how to develop your own resume, check out this sample resume for an experienced software developer that Isaacs created below. You can also download the experienced IT developer resume template.
Jobs for IT developers are projected to grow by 24% (or 302,500 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, which is much faster than average, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find the highest level of employment for this job (systems software) in the following states: California, Massachusetts, Texas, Virginia, and New York; and in the following metropolitan areas: San Jose, CA; Washington D.C.; Boston; New York City; and Los Angeles.
As a developer, you can expect to earn a median wage of $103,560 per year, or $49.79 per hour, according to the BLS.
In addition, you can search for IT developer jobs on Monster.
Experienced IT Developer resume template
JOHN T. PARSONS
Sometown, GA 30082
(555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
Director of Software DevelopmentEngineering robust, user-focused solutions driving breakthrough efficiency and bottom-line results
- Dynamic leader of software development teams offering 11 years of experience managing multimillion-dollar, mission-critical projects.
- Skilled in all phases of the software development lifecycle; expert in translating business requirements into technical solutions; and fanatical about quality, usability, security and scalability.
- Application Development
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Enterprise Implementations
- Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Release Management
- B2B Integrations
- Project Management
- Offshore Development Operations
- QA & UAT Management
- Team Building & Leadership
ABC Inc. (2005 to Present) / DEF Inc. (2004 to 2008) -- Sometown, GA
ABC is a global financial services firm that acquired DEF in 2008.
Director of Software Development, 2010 to Present
Senior Software Developer, 2008 to 2010
Software Developer / Tester, 2004 to 2008
Advanced through several promotions, culminating in present director-level role overseeing firm’s software development activities. Manage a $4.5M R&D budget and a 12-member developer team. Provide cradle-to-grave oversight of software project management, leading the research, design, development, documentation, testing and rollout of enterprise applications.
- Designed dozens of software solutions driving continuous improvement to processes, systems, work flow and customer responsiveness.
- Mentored development teams in Agile SDLC and RAD best practices. Ensured the release of premium-quality applications that provided intuitive and secure experiences for users.
- Delivered new or enhanced developments
- Web-based customer data-entry applications
- software that automated customer loan data collection and processing functions
- systems for securely handling electronic funds transfers
- browser plug-ins enabling fail-safe recovery of Internet file transfers
- Drove all phases of enterprise integration and process improvement projects to successful completion, including application availability initiatives (e.g., Oracle RAC, WebLogic clustering, data replication) and the implementation of single site fail-over and recovery options.
- Reduced R&D budget from $6M to $4.5M while increasing service levels and improving product stability.
Served as project manager, lead developer and/or team member on dozens of application development projects. Delivered technology solutions that…
- Automated processes to resolve business challenges, such as ever-fluctuating currency exchange and bank interest rates (15+ countries), complex bank reconciliation interfaces and ACH/wire-fraud detection.
- Minimized system outages, saving an estimated $1.2M annually.
- Equipped sales force with Web-accessible sales/CRM tools that helped elevate assets under management by 37% from 2003 to 2004.
- Accelerated the lending approval process by 35%.
- Reduced payroll by hundreds of thousands of dollars by automating functions that previously required manual data entry.
- Heightened security of electronic funds transfers and securities pooling.
- Decreased monthly error rates to all-time lows (from 1.2% to 0.02%).
- Streamlined the underwriting and review of government loans.
Languages: C++, C#, Java, Delphi, Visual Basic
Development Tools, Methodologies & Environments: Rapid Application Design (RAD), Object-Oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD), Waterfall Approach, Spiral Approach, Prototyping Approach, Integrated Software Development, Microsoft Visual Studio
Software: TIBCO, IBM WebSphere MQ, Apache, Business Objects, JBoss, Oracle WebLogic Server
Systems: Unix, Windows, VAX/VMS, NeXTStep, .Net Framework
Databases: Oracle, Sybase, Access
ABC UNIVERSITY - Sometown, GA
MS in Information Systems
XYZ COLLEGE - Sometown, AL
BS in Computer Science
MCSD, Microsoft Certified
MCAD, Microsoft Certified
CMST, Certified Manager
of Software Testig
CST, Certified Software Tester
Ready to get hired? Do this first
When your resume is ready to go, take one more step to make sure it's optimized for your job search. Want to see how well your resume would fare in the real world? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service. You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression. It's a quick and easy way to troubleshoot the weak spots so that you put your best professional foot forward.