Sample Resume for an Experienced IT Developer
View this sample resume for an experienced software developer, and download the resume template in Word.
Are you an expert in software development but a novice in resume development? We can help you upgrade your senior IT developer resume so that you don't miss any opportunities for the most sought-after tech jobs. For inspiration on how to develop your own resume, check out this sample resume for an experienced software developer that resume expert Kim Isaacs created below. You can also download the experienced IT developer resume template.
IT Developer Jobs
Jobs for IT developers are projected to grow by 22% over the next 10 years, which is much faster than average, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find the highest level of employment for this job (systems software) in the following states:
and in the following metropolitan areas:
As a senior software developer, the median salary is of $116,000 per year, according to Monster data. When you're ready to look for available positions, you can search for IT developer jobs on Monster.
Experienced IT Developer Resume Template
JOHN T. PARSONS
Sometown, GA 30082
(555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
Director of Software DevelopmentEngineering robust, user-focused solutions driving breakthrough efficiency and bottom-line results
- Dynamic leader of software development teams offering 11 years of experience managing multimillion-dollar, mission-critical projects.
- Skilled in all phases of the software development lifecycle; expert in translating business requirements into technical solutions; and fanatical about quality, usability, security and scalability.
- Application Development
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Enterprise Implementations
- Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Release Management
- B2B Integrations
- Project Management
- Offshore Development Operations
- QA & UAT Management
- Team Building & Leadership
ABC Inc. (2005 to Present) / DEF Inc. (2004 to 2008) -- Sometown, GA
ABC is a global financial services firm that acquired DEF in 2008.
Director of Software Development, 2010 to Present
Senior Software Developer, 2008 to 2010
Software Developer / Tester, 2004 to 2008
Advanced through several promotions, culminating in present director-level role overseeing firm’s software development activities. Manage a $4.5M R&D budget and a 12-member developer team. Provide cradle-to-grave oversight of software project management, leading the research, design, development, documentation, testing and rollout of enterprise applications.
- Designed dozens of software solutions driving continuous improvement to processes, systems, work flow and customer responsiveness.
- Mentored development teams in Agile SDLC and RAD best practices. Ensured the release of premium-quality applications that provided intuitive and secure experiences for users.
- Delivered new or enhanced developments
- Web-based customer data-entry applications
- software that automated customer loan data collection and processing functions
- systems for securely handling electronic funds transfers
- browser plug-ins enabling fail-safe recovery of Internet file transfers
- Drove all phases of enterprise integration and process improvement projects to successful completion, including application availability initiatives (e.g., Oracle RAC, WebLogic clustering, data replication) and the implementation of single site fail-over and recovery options.
- Reduced R&D budget from $6M to $4.5M while increasing service levels and improving product stability.
Served as project manager, lead developer and/or team member on dozens of application development projects. Delivered technology solutions that…
- Automated processes to resolve business challenges, such as ever-fluctuating currency exchange and bank interest rates (15+ countries), complex bank reconciliation interfaces and ACH/wire-fraud detection.
- Minimized system outages, saving an estimated $1.2M annually.
- Equipped sales force with Web-accessible sales/CRM tools that helped elevate assets under management by 37% from 2003 to 2004.
- Accelerated the lending approval process by 35%.
- Reduced payroll by hundreds of thousands of dollars by automating functions that previously required manual data entry.
- Heightened security of electronic funds transfers and securities pooling.
- Decreased monthly error rates to all-time lows (from 1.2% to 0.02%).
- Streamlined the underwriting and review of government loans.
Languages: C++, C#, Java, Delphi, Visual Basic
Development Tools, Methodologies & Environments: Rapid Application Design (RAD), Object-Oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD), Waterfall Approach, Spiral Approach, Prototyping Approach, Integrated Software Development, Microsoft Visual Studio
Software: TIBCO, IBM WebSphere MQ, Apache, Business Objects, JBoss, Oracle WebLogic Server
Systems: Unix, Windows, VAX/VMS, NeXTStep, .Net Framework
Databases: Oracle, Sybase, Access
ABC UNIVERSITY - Sometown, GA
MS in Information Systems
XYZ COLLEGE - Sometown, AL
BS in Computer Science
MCSD, Microsoft Certified
MCAD, Microsoft Certified
CMST, Certified Manager
of Software Testig
CST, Certified Software Tester
Show Off Your Senior IT Developer Resume
When your resume is ready to go, you'll want to optimize your job search. Here's a great idea: Use the power of technology with the Monster app. Search through millions of jobs and find the right fit. Simply swipe right to apply. Find your next awesome job today.