15 awesome resume summary examples
Tell people who you are, what you do, what you’ve accomplished, and what makes you a star.
A resume summary is a bit like your calling card: a few sentences that tell people who you are, what you do, what you’ve accomplished, and what makes you a star. This summary (also called a career summary) lives at the top section of your resume; it can be a short paragraph or a series of bullet points. Recruiters and hiring managers look to it to determine whether or not they should invest their precious time into reading the rest of your resume. We’ve got some resume summary examples to show you how to write one of your own.
But why would you even need to spend precious resume real estate on something that’s seemingly redundant? After all, your resume includes the pertinent skills and qualifications that should determine whether or not you’re a viable candidate. Simple answer: Hiring managers and recruiters are very busy. Like, really busy.
Think of a resume summary as a movie preview. Why watch an entire 90-minute movie to decide whether or not it was worth your time and attention when you can watch a 2-minute clip? Now you get it.
Here are some resume summary examples for a variety of industries that can show you the kind of information that will grab hiring managers’ and recruiters’ attention and make them want to know more about you.
Resume summary examples
Specializing in the Financial Services Sector
Goal-driven, award-winning account manager with repeated success generating company-leading revenues on a nationwide scale. Offer a record of multimillion-dollar revenue generation, #1 sales distinction and quota-surpassing results in selling complex mortgage and commercial-lending products.
Build long-term client relationships through “hands-on” approach and commitment to service.
- Diligent accountant backed by public accounting, general ledger (GL) and tax experience and expertise in GAAP, data analytics and sophisticated modeling tools.
- Strategic business partner delivering fiscally responsible strategies to resolve financial and accounting challenges, propel corporate growth and strengthen compliance.
- Highly technical experienced user of QuickBooks, Drake, Microsoft Dynamics GP, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, Hyperion, SAP, Oracle, IBM Cognos, Visual Basic, SQL and Excel.
Experienced bank teller known for delivering friendly service and personalized attention to all customers. Contribute to achieving branch sales goals by recommending products and services that meet customer needs. Solid knowledge of banking regulations and compliance matters; adhere to security and compliance procedures for protection of cash and other assets.
Senior Care … Assisted Living … Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care
Dedicated and compassionate provider of elder care, companionship and comfort for senior citizen residents of assisted living and memory care communities. Patient, personable and professional in responding to resident needs, with a gentle touch and caring attitude centered on treating all with dignity and respect.
Providing Exceptional Service ... Building Loyal Relationships ... Solving Problems ... Increasing Sales
- Dynamic customer service professional experienced in both call-center and retail store settings.
- Productive relationship builder; excel at listening to customer needs, articulating product benefits and creating solutions that provide value to the customer.
- Highly professional--dependable, reliable and able to perform duties with minimal supervision.
Highly analytical and process-oriented data analyst with in-depth knowledge of database types; research methodologies; and big data capture, curation, manipulation and visualization. Furnish insights, analytics and business intelligence used to advance opportunity identification, process reengineering and corporate growth.
Highly creative and multitalented Graphic Designer with extensive experience in multimedia, marketing and print design. Exceptional collaborative and interpersonal skills; dynamic team player with well-developed written and verbal communication abilities. Highly skilled in client and vendor relations and negotiations; talented at building and maintaining “win-win” partnerships. Passionate and inventive creator of innovative marketing strategies and campaigns; accustomed to performing in deadline-driven environments with an emphasis on working within budget requirements.
- Highly analytical, performance-driven engineering professional with 10+ years’ experience creating innovative, cost-efficient designs.
- Solid expertise in applied research, new content development, simulation, and validation.
- Broad knowledge in the alternative fuels industry, including repeated success developing prototypes that improve marketability for previously unfeasible technologies.
- Superior problem-solving and time-management abilities; adept at identifying the root cause of issues and implementing creative, targeted solutions.
- Team spirited with effective communication and presentation skills, able to coordinate with management, vendors, and staff to achieve goals.
Patient-focused, detail-oriented and computer-savvy medical receptionist. Personable and courteous in all interactions with patients and team members and skilled at anticipating physician and practice needs.
- Effective in handling office and administrative tasks within busy, multi-physician practices.
- Expedient in processing patient check-in/check-out, verifying insurance and collecting third-party claims.
- Efficient in managing appointment scheduling, patient records, medical billing and financial information.
Mature, dependable and high-energy nanny with a passion for childcare excellence. Valued by client families for warmth, professionalism, dedication and excellent judgment. Provide parents with an unwavering commitment to ensuring the safety and welfare of their children.
Profit-driven and process-oriented manager of multimillion-dollar manufacturing operations and top-producing teams (150+ direct/indirect reports). History of strengthening compliance; improving processes; and elevating output, quality, customer satisfaction and employee morale to all-time bests. Relied on to drive top-line and bottom-line gains regardless of supply chain challenges, production-line issues and/or union obstacles.
Ambitious and driven public relations strategist with extensive experience directing PR campaigns in both agency and in-house settings. Proven success developing, managing and implementing media strategies and measuring results across traditional media and digital channels. Bring to the table a strong network of global media contacts.
- Registered Nurse (RN) with specialty experience in psychiatric nursing. Developed strong psychiatric-evaluation and treatment-planning skills through RN role at ABC Department of Corrections. Knowledge of psychotropic medication administration, management and training.
- Reliable, ethical healthcare provider with the ability to stay calm and intervene during crises, facilitate groups and collaborate on multidisciplinary teams. Proven ability to build positive relationships with patients, family members, physicians and other medical professionals.
Champion of social media tools and technologies, with a track record of creating and implementing successful social media campaigns. Work closely with clients to develop and execute a proactive, social content calendar, managing all phases digital marketing initiatives from concept through delivery and optimization.
- Dedicated social worker and program coordinator with a strong commitment to serving disadvantaged youth and adults, including homeless, emancipated youth and special-needs populations.
- Documented success overcoming challenges of limited resources and financial constraints to design high-quality, cost-effective and comprehensive service offerings.
- Skilled at building community support, key coalitions and strategic interagency partnerships. Backed by strengths in program, personnel and case management.
- Student-centered educator with public and private teaching experience that spans both special education and inclusive classrooms as well as one-on-one settings.
- Deeply committed to optimizing student success, IEP progress and learning outcomes for K-12th graders on the autism spectrum. Qualifications include MS in special education, NYS teaching certification and CAS designation.
- Creative and resourceful in adapting instructional strategies to meet unique student needs. Design positive approaches and proactive interventions advancing learner engagement; academic achievement; cognitive development; and social, behavioral and communication improvements.
Get your resume reviewed
These resume summary examples are a great start to creating a winning job application. Not sure your resume is doing all it can to get you hired? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service. You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression.