Sample resume for an advertising account executive
Are you skilled at pitching creative concepts to clients, but need help pitching yourself on your resume? Get ideas on how to craft a better resume from this sample for an experienced advertising account executive.
View and download the Sample resume for an advertising account executive in Word.
Learn more about advertising careers.
This resume was created by the experts behind Monster’s Resume Services.
Get a free resume evaluation today.
1404 First Street • Milton, Massachusetts 02186
firstname.lastname@example.org • 617-555-0102
Advertising Account Manager
Top-producing and award-winning professional with high level of creativity and exceptional relationship-building talents
Repeated success cultivating and managing multimillion-dollar accounts while growing cross-channel revenue streams. Proven record identifying key buying influences in multi-level accounts and developing strategic sales plans to facilitate long-term business relationships. Recognized for keen business insight; expertise translating concepts into action to maximize results from print, digital, and social media campaigns. Engaging team leader and contributor, able to build align resources to exceed goals.
- Online & Print Advertising Channels
- Negotiating Long-term Contracts
- Year-over-Year Growth
- Consultative & Needs-based Selling
- Exceeding Revenue Goals
- Prospecting / New Client Development
- Contract Development & Negotiations
- Account / Territory Management
- Budget Administration
- High-impact Presentations
Massachusetts Global News, Boston, Massachusetts
Lead Account Manager, 11/2009 – Present
Recruited to manage all major accounts, resolving escalated client issues and spearheading new revenue-generating initiatives. Lead three-member team in account management and business development, driving account growth within advertise sales verticals. Advise Sales Executives on vision, direction, and account relations. Collaborate across multiple departments to coordinate on-time delivery of projects, promote client satisfaction, and ensure competitive edge for the publication. Maintain detailed sales and account information in corporate customer relationship management (CRM) system in support of cross-departmental business intelligence.
- Successfully added six new major accounts, increasing annual revenue by $3M.
- Created and deployed targeted social media campaigns for two key accounts that catapulted earnings from $225K to $860K.
- Developed strategies that improved productivity 28%; eliminated redundant processes and implemented stronger quality control methods.
- Led team in winning multiple awards for creativity, outstanding design, campaign impact, and quality.
Metropolitan Ad Concepts, Baltimore, Maryland
Account Executive, 6/2004 – 11/2009
Personally managed book of 38 accounts to ensure continuous client satisfaction and expand business. Developed proposals and conferred with clients to define and develop effective print / online campaigns. Identified and implemented sales and account development strategies in alignment with growth and volume targets. Sourced and secured new client accounts. Created and delivered presentations tailored to individual needs; coordinated with account managers throughout campaign implementation. Monitored and managed client / project budgets.
- Contributed to rapid business growth of up to 28% through innovation of highly effective advertising strategies.
- Identified and secured relationships with key clients, boosting annual revenue more than $600K.
- Received two awards for creative package design and best overall print campaign.
Town Crier, Baltimore, Maryland
Advertising Assistant / Intern, 2/2003 – 6/2004
Provided support to five Account Representatives and collaborated with supervisors to plan and prepare advertising. Tracked and monitored space allocations and ensured accurate column-inch counts. Proofread ads and secured approval from clients; coordinated with production staff to ensure ad accuracy. Assisted accounting team with resolving billing concerns.
- Rapidly advanced from Intern to Advertising Assistant in recognition of quality, dedication, and commitment to client success.
- Improved client satisfaction by initiating operational changes and revising written procedures that enhanced proofreading standards.
Education and Training
Bachelor of Science Degree - Corporate Communication (2003)
University of Baltimore, Baltimore, Maryland
- Sales and Marketing
- Social Media
- Targeted Audiences & Markets
- Coaching and Team Building
- Design and Conception
- Budget Management
- Leadership Skills