Accounts receivable resume sample
View this sample resume for accounts receivable, or download the accounts receivable resume template in Word.
Do your skills put you on the receiving end of job offers? To be considered for top accounts receivable jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. For resume writing tips, view this sample resume for accounts receivable that Isaacs created below, or download the accounts receivable resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can search for accounts receivable jobs on Monster.
Accounts receivable resume template
Sometown, MN 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Accounts Receivable (AR) Specialist
Process A/R for multiple divisions | Increase cash collection | Decrease aging A/R
- Highly analytical accounts receivable (A/R) professional with a thorough knowledge of accounting, billing and collections systems, processes and best practices.
- Proactive accounts manager combining financial management skills with the ability to make sound decisions regarding the proper handling of customer accounts.
- Experience optimizing the A/R function by improving procedures and controls. Proven ability to determine root cause of issues and recommend viable improvements.
Tech Skills: Advanced user of Excel, Microsoft Dynamics and QuickBooks
ABC Company, Inc. | Restaurant equipment wholesaler with a nationwide clientele
Accounts Receivable Specialist, 2014 to Present
Maintain A/R records; prepare statements, bills and invoices; process payments; respond to customer inquiries regarding account status; and reconcile expenses to general ledger.
- DSO Improvement: Slashed average days sales outstanding (DSO) from 96 to <30, significantly improving cash flow.
- Aged Receivables Improvement: Reduced aged receivables from $142K to $12K. Revamped A/R procedures and filing systems, created spreadsheets to enhance tracking of receivables, followed up on open accounts and negotiated with clients during collection calls.
- Financial Controls: Saved thousands of dollars by creating a system to identify duplicate credits and revamping the merchandise-return authorization process.
- Monthly Close: Delivered accurate and on-time monthly financial closing for A/R functions.
DEF Company, Inc. | Regional family of car dealerships
Accounts Receivable Clerk, 2008 to 2014
Assisted controller in creating and implementing new financial systems, procedures and policies to strengthen controls and streamline A/R processes.
- Billing Automation: Automated previously manual invoicing process, accelerating customer payments and improving billing accuracy by more than 15%.
- Efficiency Gains: Created new procedures for GL and A/R functions that nearly tripled efficiency and enabled accounting workload expansion from 5 to 9 entities.
- Customer Relations: Nurtured healthy customer relationships to ensure timely payments.
XYZ College | B.S. in Accounting (graduated with honors)