Accounts payable resume sample
Wondering if your finance resume adds up? Compare it to our sample document for an accounts payable specialist.
To be considered for top accounts payable jobs, it helps to have a comprehensive resume. Wondering if yours adds up? Compare it to our sample resume for an accounts payable specialist below, and get inspired. Then download the mid-career accounts payable specialist resume template in Word.
To get a job in accounts payable, you’ll typically need a high school diploma and a few months of on-the-job training. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), you’ll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: California, Texas, Florida, New York, and Ohio; and in the following metropolitan areas: Dallas, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Chicago, and New York City.
Working in accounts payable, you can expect to make a median wage of $35,330 per year, or $16.99 per hour, according to the BLS.
Additionally, you can search for accounts payable jobs on Monster.
Accounts Payable Specialist Resume Sample
Sometown, VA 20191 | (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
accounts payable specialist known for accuracy, attention to detail and timeliness in managing disbursement functions. A/P career includes strong experience in manufacturing, higher education and other industries and has included accountability for the processing of up to 20,000 invoices per month. Backed by solid credentials (BS in accounting) and proficiencies in generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP) as well as MS Office Suite, Microsoft Dynamics GP, QuickBooks, ERP/EDI systems and SAP.
Accounts Payable Specialist, 2/15 to Present l ABC COMPANY (Large manufacturer), Sometown, VA
Handle daily A/P processes; supervise A/P clerks; manage vendor/supplier relations; and oversee the timely, accurate processing of invoices, purchase orders, expense reports, credit memos and payment transactions.
- Managed the accurate and timely processing of up to 20,000 invoices ($1M) per month for large, multi-site organization. Assessed and closed A/P sub-ledger on a monthly basis, validated content and resolved all issues.
- Implemented technologies and process automations, including new EDI and ERP systems. Trained users and served as the primary troubleshooter on new systems, which propelled efficiency gains and cost-savings.
- Instituted formal cross-checking of pack-lists and invoices, turning around problem of supplier overpayments and saving thousands of dollars each month.
- Renegotiated payment terms with dozens of suppliers/vendors from Net 7 to Net 60 days for manufacturer emerging from bankruptcy. Improved cash flow and facilitated company’s return to profitability.
Accounts Payable Clerk, 2/12 to 2/15 l TEMP INC. (Temporary staffing agency), Sometown, VA
Assumed responsibility for the accounts payable process in temporary contract positions. Filled in for absent, vacationing or unfilled A/P roles for a variety of companies.
- Resolved months of backlogged work, restored order and organization to processes/records in disarray, researched and solved billing problems and corrected invoicing and journal entry errors that had previously been missed.
- Furnished company executives with A/P liability summaries and cash flow reports that were consistently praised for their accuracy, user-friendliness and timeliness.
- Handled the processing, distribution, accuracy verification and maintenance of invoices, interfacing extensively with a nationwide network of vendors and suppliers.
Accounts Payable Supervisor, 6/03 to 2/12 | A/P Clerk, 5/00 to 6/03 l DEF university, Sometown, VA
Promoted to supervise accounts payable operations for ABC University’s College of Arts and Sciences.
- Recognized by university administration for injecting improvements into recordkeeping controls that reversed a history of missed payment deadlines, lost invoices and lack of proper authorization for expenditures.
Bachelor of Science in Accounting l XYZ University, Sometown, VA
Ready to job search? Do this first
You know how you can feel inundated with all those invoices you get as an accounts payable specialist? That's how hiring managers feel with resumes, so yours needs to stand out. Need some help with that? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service. You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression. It's a quick and easy way to make your way to the top of the pile.