Sample resume for a customer service representative
Do you leave customers smiling? Then check out this sample resume for a customer service rep to see how to make your resume reflect your talents.
Does your resume reflect your customer service skills? View the sample resume below, and download the customer service representative resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can learn more about customer service careers on Monster.
Customer Service Representative Resume Sample
Sometown, CT 55555 | Home: (860) 555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Customer Service Representative | Call Center Settings
Polished, professional customer service rep offering:
- Proven experience providing customer support in busy call center environments for public utility and insurance industry employers.
- An unwavering commitment to customer service, with the ability to build productive relationships, resolve complex issues and win customer loyalty.
- Strategic-relationship and partnership-building skills -- listen attentively, solve problems creatively and use tact and diplomacy to achieve win-win outcomes.
ABC UTILITY COMPANY, Sometown, CT
Customer Service Representative, 5/2015 to Present
Handle customer inquiries, complaints, billing questions and payment extension/service requests. Calm angry callers, repair trust, locate resources for problem resolution and design best-option solutions. Interface daily with internal partners in accounting, field services, new business, operations and consumer affairs divisions.
- Resolved an average of 350 inquiries in any given week and consistently met performance benchmarks in all areas (speed, accuracy and volume).
- Became the lead “go-to” person for new reps and particularly challenging calls as one of the company’s mentors and trainers of both new and established employees.
- Helped company attain the highest customer service ratings (as determined by external auditors) -- earned 100% marks in all categories including communication skills, listening skills, problem resolution and politeness.
- Commended for initiative, persuasiveness, intense customer focus and dependability in performance evaluations.
DEF INSURANCE COMPANY, Sometown, CT
Customer Service Agent, 2/2010 to 5/2015
Handled incoming calls from policyholders, responding to inquiries, resolving problems and correcting policy errors. Provided quotes and executed online policy changes for auto, home and excess liability.
- Recognized as “#1 Customer Service Rep” (out of 20 reps in division) in 2014. Ranking was based on customer satisfaction, speed of resolution and availability.
- Co-developed on-the-job training program that reduced training time from eight weeks to five.
- Contributed to an 8% sales increase in 2014 by improving lead-generation and sales-tracking methods.
Education & Training
GHI CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS TRAINING
Completed five 4-hour modules of customer service training. Topics included how to:
- Greet transfer and hold calls n Build rapport, listen, clarify and manage conversational flow
- Manage upset customers, conflicts and challenging situations n Deliver outstanding service
XYZ HIGH SCHOOL, Sometown, CT n Graduate