Sample Resume for an Entry-Level Mechanical Designer
Are you eager to launch your mechanical design career, but lack practical experience? To be a successful candidate for mechanical designer jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. To see how to present your academic credentials so you can get noticed, view the sample resume Isaacs created below and download the entry-level mechanical designer resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can search for mechanical design jobs on Monster.
Entry-Level Mechanical Designer Resume Sample
Sometown, IA 50125
MJones@somedomain.com | LinkedIn URL
Entry-Level Mechanical Designer
CAD & CAE Tools: AutoCAD, SolidWorks, FEMtools and TurboCAD
- BSET student offering experience using CAD and CAE tools, a foundation in 2D/3D modeling and structural design, and a drive for performance excellence.
- Hands-on experience creating mechanical design drawings using SolidWorks and configuring components using AutoCAD.
- Academic career distinguished by Dean’s List honors and extracurricular leadership success.
XYZ University | Sometown, IA
Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (BSET) program, Completed 106/120 credits
Concentration in Mechanical Design
Honors: Dean’s List (3 semesters)
Mechanical Design Practicum:
Worked with team members to develop specifications and drawings for a dynamic simulation model of a four-stroke internal combustion engine. Supercharged power output limits and developed an algorithm for measuring the peak-pressure balancing process. Earned an “A” grade on team project.
Degree Program Highlights:
PHI KAPPA PSI, Philanthropy Chair
- Helped plan several fundraisers for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation that raised a combined total of $105K (setting an all-time record for fraternity).
ABC LEADER INSTITUTE, Graduate
- Completed intensive leadership training program focused on leading with integrity.
STUDENT GOVERNMENT, Senator
- Elected to represent fellow students, serving as a primary campus Student Government Association liaison. Served on policy-making committees and represented student interests at university functions.
UNION PROGRAMS, Publicity Chair
- Led publicity and promotions for special events, films, lectures and concerts.
Available for Nationwide Relocation