Sample resume for a research technician
If research is a breeze but writing a resume is a bane, check out this sample resume for an experienced research technician to get inspiration.
To be a successful candidate for research jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. If research is a breeze but writing a resume is a bane, review resume samples to learn how to emphasize your most impressive qualifications. View this sample resume Isaacs created below for a midlevel research technician, or download the research technician resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Research Technician resume template
Sometown, MN 55806 | Home: (555) 555-5555
firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL | Portfolio URL
Industrial Chemicals | Coatings/Adhesives | Specialty Gases
Research technician with three years of research experience with leading industrial chemical and gas manufacturers. Qualifications include:
- A solid foundation in inorganic chemical synthesis;
- Proven skills in utilizing SEM, TGA and dilatometry testing methods;
- Expertise in sample and data collection, analysis and reporting; and
- Demonstrated success maintaining safe laboratory operations.
ABC Company, Sometown, MN
Manufacturer of industrial chemicals and gases
Research Technician, 2/14 to Present
Assist in the design and execution of research, testing and analysis of ABC’s chemical products – coatings, resins, adhesives and industrial gases. Use tools and methods including solid-state synthesis, scanning electron microscopy (SEM), thermogravimetric analysis (TGA) and dilatometry.
- Achieved optimal quality control through detailed testing, synthesis and analysis of multicomponent metallic oxides and ceramic samples.
- Maintained compliance with safety guidelines and company SOPs in handling toxic chemicals and operating gas-handling equipment such as compressor systems, distribution systems and pressure regulators.
- Developed and launched SEM and TGA training program that was subsequently adopted as the companywide standard.
- Strengthened environmental health and safety (EH&S) standards as a member of ABC’s nationwide laboratory health and safety committee.
DEF Company, Sometown, MN
Chemical manufacturer serving the energy sector
Research Technician, 9/12 to 2/14
Research Apprentice, 6/12 to 9/12
Gained experience in the preparation of inorganic compounds using high-temperature, high-pressure and other synthetic techniques.
- Performed data reduction and analysis and prepared reports, R&D briefings and safety documentation.
- Assessed chemical stability and thermal/chemical expansion by simulating process conditions within a state-of-the-art laboratory.
- Conducted experimental research involving superconductivity and molecular sieves technology.
EDUCATIONGHI University, Sometown, MN
BS in Chemistry (graduated with honors; GPA: 3.7)