Sample resume for a research technician
If research is a breeze but writing a resume is a bane, check out this sample resume for an experienced research technician to get inspiration.
To be a successful candidate for research jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. If research is a breeze but writing a resume is a bane, review resume samples to learn how to emphasize your most impressive qualifications.
View this sample resume Isaacs created below for a midlevel research technician, or download the research technician resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Jobs for research technicians are projected to grow by 10% (or 84,000 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, which is faster than average, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: California, Massachusetts, Texas, Pennsylvania, and Maryland; and in the following metropolitan areas: Boston, San Diego, Los Angeles, Denver, and Houston.
As a research technician, you can expect to earn a median wage of $43,800 per year, or $21.06 per hour, according to the BLS.
Research Technician resume template
Sometown, MN 55806 | Home: (555) 555-5555
firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL | Portfolio URL
Industrial Chemicals | Coatings/Adhesives | Specialty Gases
Research technician with three years of research experience with leading industrial chemical and gas manufacturers. Qualifications include:
- A solid foundation in inorganic chemical synthesis;
- Proven skills in utilizing SEM, TGA and dilatometry testing methods;
- Expertise in sample and data collection, analysis and reporting; and
- Demonstrated success maintaining safe laboratory operations.
ABC Company, Sometown, MN
Manufacturer of industrial chemicals and gases
Research Technician, 2/14 to Present
Assist in the design and execution of research, testing and analysis of ABC’s chemical products – coatings, resins, adhesives and industrial gases. Use tools and methods including solid-state synthesis, scanning electron microscopy (SEM), thermogravimetric analysis (TGA) and dilatometry.
- Achieved optimal quality control through detailed testing, synthesis and analysis of multicomponent metallic oxides and ceramic samples.
- Maintained compliance with safety guidelines and company SOPs in handling toxic chemicals and operating gas-handling equipment such as compressor systems, distribution systems and pressure regulators.
- Developed and launched SEM and TGA training program that was subsequently adopted as the companywide standard.
- Strengthened environmental health and safety (EH&S) standards as a member of ABC’s nationwide laboratory health and safety committee.
DEF Company, Sometown, MN
Chemical manufacturer serving the energy sector
Research Technician, 9/12 to 2/14
Research Apprentice, 6/12 to 9/12
Gained experience in the preparation of inorganic compounds using high-temperature, high-pressure and other synthetic techniques.
- Performed data reduction and analysis and prepared reports, R&D briefings and safety documentation.
- Assessed chemical stability and thermal/chemical expansion by simulating process conditions within a state-of-the-art laboratory.
- Conducted experimental research involving superconductivity and molecular sieves technology.
EDUCATIONGHI University, Sometown, MN
BS in Chemistry (graduated with honors; GPA: 3.7)