Sample Resume for an Entry-Level Clinical Data Specialist
Is your resume as optimized as the clinical data you code? This sample shows how you can organize your resume data to launch your career.
As you search for a clinical data specialist job, make sure your resume is as optimized as the clinical data you code, says resume expert Kim Isaacs. To see how you can organize your resume data to launch your career, view this sample resume for an entry-level clinical data specialist that Isaacs created below. You can also download the entry-level clinical data specialist resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Jobs for medical and health service managers are projected to grow by 20% (or 72,100 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, which is much faster than average, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: California, New York, Texas, Ohio, and Pennsylvania; and in the following metropolitan areas: New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, and Houston.
In terms of salaries, you can expect to earn a median wage of $98,350 per year, or $47.29 per hour, according to the BLS.
Additionally, you can search for clinical data specialist jobs on Monster.
Entry-Level Clinical Data Specialist Resume Sample
Sometown, OH 44301
email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
CLINICAL DATA SPECIALIST
- Upcoming honors graduate of XYZ College’s insurance billing and coding program seeking an entry-level clinical data specialist position.
- Educational foundation includes courses completed in electronic medical records, insurance billing, coding and medical records management.
- Strong familiarity with ICD-9-CM, HCPCS and CPT codes; medical terminology; HMOs, PPOs and Medicare; and healthcare operations gained through experience working in a surgical practice.
XYZ College (Online Program)
Pursuing Associate of Science in Insurance Billing and Coding degree, (in progress)
- Honors student (3.75 GPA)
- Program Highlights:
Medical Ethics, Diagnosis & Procedure Coding, Healthcare Systems, Anatomy & Physiology, Pathophysiology & Pharmacology, Insurance Claims Processing & Adjudication, HIPAA Regulations, Health Information Management, Healthcare Software Applications, Medical Terminology, Medical Reception, Keyboarding (80 WPM)
ABC Surgical Practice (Sometown, OH)
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant, 1/2014 to Present
Provide administrative support within general surgical practice. Answer multiline phones, greet patients, schedule appointments and surgeries for three surgeons, handle insurance precertifications, and assist in upkeep and management of patient medical records and practice files.
- Helped maintain cancer-patient recall program, ensuring accuracy of daily data entry and tracking 275+ cancer patients and their follow-up schedules.
- Assisted in Master Patient Index (MPI) data-cleanup project, purging duplicate records and merging relevant data from other sources.
- Improved the organization of patient files and practice records, instituting new systems and processes that saved time, minimized errors and accelerated insurance payments.
- Resolved patient issues diplomatically and expediently to ensure customer satisfaction, always keeping patient confidentiality a priority.
- Used persistence and persuasive communication skills to successfully advocate for patients with insurance companies and HMOs.
Medical Practice Management Software: EpicCare EMR, eClinicalWorks, McKesson Practice Choice
MS Office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint