Sample Resume for an Entry-Level Design Engineer
As you launch your career in design engineering, make sure you design a resume that does justice to your qualifications. Get inspired by this sample.
As you launch your career in design engineering, make sure you design a resume that does justice to your qualifications, says resume expert Kim Isaacs. Get inspired by this resume sample for an entry-level design engineer that Isaacs created below, and download the entry-level design engineer resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Jobs for design engineers are projected to grow by 10% (or 25,100 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You’ll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: Michigan, California, Texas, Ohio, and Illinois; and in the following metropolitan areas: Warren, Michigan; Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Detroit.
In this job, you can expect to make a median wage of $85,880 per year, or $41.29 per hour, according to the BLS.
Entry-Level Design Engineer resume template
MARIA W. HUMPHREY
Sometown, AZ 85280
Phone:(555) 555-5555 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn URL | Portfolio URL
Seeking Summer Design Engineer Internship Within the Manufacturing Sector
College junior majoring in manufacturing engineering technologywho is highly motivated to secure a design engineer internship. Honors student with practical work experience within the manufacturing sector; technical skills in AutoCAD, SolidWorks and Creo Elements/Pro; and a foundation in automated manufacturing systems and simulation modelling techniques.
ABC UNIVERSITY (ABET-accredited institution) — Sometown, AZ
Pursuing Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering Technology
Cumulative GPA: 3.75
Honors: Dean’s List (all semesters); Tau Alpha Pi (Engineering Technology Honor Society)
Completed Coursework Includes:
- Introduction to Engineering Technology
- Technical Drafting & CAD
- Computer-Aided Design & Integrated Manufacturing
- Engineering Mechanics (Statics & Dynamics)
- Engineering Problem-Solving Tools
- Fluid Power Systems
- Manufacturing Processes / Six Sigma Quality
- Strength of Materials / Material Analysis
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
- Computer-Aided Planning (CAP)
- Principles of Numerical Controls
- Tool & Die Fundamentals
XYZ MANUFACTURING — Sometown, AZ
Large furniture manufacturer
Production Operator(full time in summers, part time during fall and spring semesters), 8/14 to Present
Gained manufacturing experience working with sophisticated automated systems used in the mass production of high-quality furniture and assemblies. Operate, adjust and maintain assembly-line equipment according to established guidelines.
- Design Engineering Projects: Selected to assist tool design engineers in the development of jigs and fixtures using AutoCAD, SolidWorks and Creo Elements/Pro. Helped deliver solutions that saved an estimated $48K annually by reducing costly hand work, minimizing waste and improving quality control.
- Manufacturing Problem Solving: Demonstrated technical troubleshooting strengths in pinpointing and resolving equipment malfunctions related to statistical process control (SPC) issues.
- Production Line Operations: Consistently commended for adhering to company SOPs to ensure optimal production efficiency, quality and safety.
- Top-Rated Performance: Earned outstanding marks on performance reviews, with special recognition for teamwork, attention to detail and going “above and beyond” to drive corporate goal attainment.
Intermediate to Advanced Proficiencies in: AutoCAD, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access
Basic Proficiencies in: SolidWorks and Creo Elements/Pro