Entry-level electrical engineer resume sample
If your resume needs a power boost, view this sample of a recent BSEE graduate below. Details of a senior project and internship help this entry-level electrical engineer target the renewable-energy sector, says resume expert Kim Isaacs. View and download the Entry-Level Electrical Engineer resume template in Word. And if you need more help, let the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service create a high-impact resume for you that will impress employers.
Jobs for electrical engineers are projected to grow by 7% (Or 21,300 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You’ll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: California, Texas, New York, Michigan, and Massachusetts; and in the following metropolitan areas: New York City, Los Angeles, San Jose, California; Boston, and Dallas.
As an electrical engineer, you can expect to make a median wage of $97,970 per year, or $47.10 per hour, according to the BLS.
Additionally, you can learn more about engineering careers on Monster.
Entry-Level Electrical Engineer Resume Sample
55 Wingate Drive #5, Sometown, CA 94539
Home Phone: 555-555-5555
Seeking an Entry-Level Position Within the Renewable-Energy Sector
Recent BSEE graduate and EIT with experience as an electrical engineer intern for a major solar power solutions manufacturer. Possess the analytical abilities and technical skills necessary for engineering innovative designs and applications. Solid understanding of electrical engineering theory, industry-standard circuit design, testing tools and photovoltaic (PV) systems.
XYZ UNIVERSITY, Sometown, CA
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, 5/2011
- Activities: IEEE, Student Member | Society of Women Engineers (SWE), Student Chapter
- Senior Capstone Design Project: Completed renewable-energy engineering project involving the design of switch-mode power electronic converters and electric drives for wind-energy converters.
- Relevant Courses: Digital Electronics, Circuit Theory, Analog Electronics/Circuits, Logic Design, Signals & Systems, Sustainable Electric Energy, Verilog Hardware Description Language (HDL) & Digital Design
Engineer in Training (EIT) -- Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam, 4/2011
ABC COMPANY, Sometown, CA
Photovoltaic manufacturer providing solar electric power systems solutions.
Electrical Engineer Intern, 11/2010 to 11/2011
Custom designed and sized solar PV systems for residential and commercial customers using AutoCAD to generate detailed computer drawings. Participated in research and marketing projects to promote renewable energy and drive business growth. Key Contributions:
- Worked under senior electrical engineers to design PV systems that converted sunlight into electricity.
- Equipped selected PV systems with uninterruptible power supply (UPS) capability, allowing customers to operate selected circuits for hours (or even days) during a utility power outage.
- Assisted in distributed system voltage performance analysis for high-level penetration photovoltaics, contributing to research study that will be used to optimize future PV systems.
- Conducted efficiency and price/watt comparisons on other solar power systems on the market to gather intelligence used for marketing campaigns.
- Wrote content for company blog to educate the public on the advantages of solar electric power.
“...Janet was an excellent addition to our electrical engineering team...She worked on her first PV system design in the first week of her internship. She shows an excellent command of digital integrated circuitry and photovoltaics...” — Tom Carter, Senior Electrical Engineer, ABC Company
AutoCAD, C, C++, Mathematica, FrameMaker, MicroStation, MS Project and Excel
Check out a midlevel electrical engineer resume sample for additional resume format tips.