Sample Resume for an Entry-Level Sales Professional
Starting a career in sales? Make sure your resume conveys your key competencies and motivation to succeed. For inspiration, view the sample resume below, and download the entry-level sales professional resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can learn more about sales careers on Monster.
Entry-Level Sales Professional resume template
Sometown, FL 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | LinkedIn URL | email@example.com
Entry-Level Sales / Business Development Professional
Honors student at ABC College’s communications program — highly motivated to launch professional sales career. Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills. Listen attentively, communicate persuasively and follow through diligently.
ABC COLLEGE, Sometown, FL
BA in Communications (in-progress), GPA: 3.75
- Awards & Honors: Student Achievement Scholarship; Communications Honor Society; Frederick McMillan Award for Academic Excellence
- Volunteerism: Save the Children; Tutor, Miami Family Shelter; Crisis Line Staff, Women’s Center
Work Experience (concurrent with college studies)
Bartender, 2015 to Present ABC RESTAURANT AND LOUNGE, Sometown, FL
Handle the setup, service and daily operations of bar serving an international clientele, tourists and business travelers. Enter orders into POS system; prepare daily sales reports for management; complete monthly inventory; and perform heavy cash-handling and reconciliation functions.
- Earned commendations for exemplary service delivery (average of 100 guests per shift). Singled out on comment cards for “going above and beyond” and “providing outstanding service and attention to guests.”
- Established positive rapport with customers, upsold products and built a loyal clientele.
- Selected and streamlined bar products based on analysis of consumption and sales, resulting in superior inventory and selection for guests.
- Developed floor plans for auxiliary bars used for large private parties. Outcomes included faster service, improved efficiency and enhanced guest satisfaction.
Server / Bartender, 2014 to 2015 DEF HOTEL, Sometown, FL
Served food and beverages at a luxury, historic hotel. Anticipated and met guests’ needs while working efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Achieved the highest per-night sales averages (out of 10+ servers) by upselling orders and suggesting add-ons/extras to meals.
- Proved the ability to multitask, handle crowds of up to 350 people, resolve customer issues and excel within a demanding, high-volume setting.
Available to Relocate Nationwide