Sample resume for a logistics professional
Looking for a job in logistics? Let this resume example help you write your own.
To be the successful job candidate in any field, it helps to have a comprehensive resume. To help guide your own resume efforts, check out our sample resume below for a logistics professional making the transition from military to civilian work, and download the sample resume for a logistics professional in Word.
22 Washington Avenue • San Francisco, California 94118
Home 510.555.1297 • Cell 510.555.8439 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Accomplished in developing effective processes and directing complex logistics functions for multimillion-dollar projects.
Excel at coordinating tasks of numerous internal divisions and external agencies to ensure rapid, accurate delivery of equipment, materials, and resources. Advanced expertise in reviewing invoices and shipping manifests to ensure full compliance with local customs and international regulations. Track record of identifying redundancies and maximizing resources to streamline operations. Proficient in a variety of logistics and supply management software, both proprietary and commercial.
- Distribution Management
- Quality Assurance
- Inventory Control Processes
- Standards / Procedures Compliance
- Continuous Process Improvement
- Vendor and Staff Relations
- Transportation / Materials Handling
- Training and Leadership
United States Army (various locations) - 6/2003 – 6/2015
Logistics/Distribution Supervisor, 6/2011 – 6/2015
Directed eight-member team to develop the most efficient routing system for $47 million in supplies and equipment. Monitored all transportation operations, including quality controls, to ensure transportation services met contract obligations as well as local and national government regulatory requirements. Served as transportation liaison between various organizations and countries. Oversaw dispatching, routing, tracking, and shipping activities to ensure safe, prompt, and accurate delivery of transportation equipment. Trained and coached staff on new tracking procedures. Communicated operational needs to senior management.
- Achieved 99.5% average delivery rate on all assignments with no loss of materials or assets.
- Identified and corrected efficiency bottlenecks, which saved $1.2 million and resulted in faster, more accurate supply shipments.
- Played an integral role in creating new automated method for property tracking procedures to increase accuracy and accountability.
Logistics Coordinator, 6/2007 – 6/2011
Collaborated with and supported Logistics Manager in overseeing up to $25 million in equipment and supplies shipped worldwide to support a wide range of projects. Assured proper authorization for all shipments; oversaw tracking and monitored cross-border transportation activities. Directly accountable for $11 million in property, equipment, and supplies. Optimized flow of supplies by developing and operating automated systems.
- Key player on team that consistently exceeded stated objectives on all projects.
- Led smaller teams in developing effective stocking and inventory-management systems to minimize loss and maximize performance.
Logistics Support, 6/2003 – 6/2007
Coordinated with staff regarding relocation and transportation arrangements. Prepared documentation and coordinated transport of resources and materials. Marked and labeled freight; documented, verified, and inventoried cargo; and prepared and submitted report documentation. Maintained accurate records and managed office correspondence.
- Earned multiple awards for quality and dedication of performance in rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
Education & Training
Business Administration Major, 2013 - Present
University of Maryland
- Advanced Logistics Management
- Distribution Operations
- Leadership and Supervision
- Advanced Inventory Management
- Standards and Procedures Compliance
- Diversity Training
Does your resume deliver?
As a logistics professional, you're used to balancing a variety of responsibilities, and knowing when to prioritize one thing over the others. Your resume needs to display the same kind of know-how. Make it too laden with details, and your appeal might get lost; but if it's too light on the details, you could be seen as unqualified. Could you use a professional assessment to kick-start your job search? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service. You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression. Make sure you're delivering the goods that will get you hired.