Sample resume for a midlevel manufacturing engineer
View this sample resume for a midlevel manufacturing engineer to see how you can improve your resume's quality and highlight your engineering skills.
To be a successful candidate for manufacturing jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. Does your resume need some quality control? To see how you can improve your resume's quality and highlight your engineering skills, view this sample resume for a midlevel manufacturing engineer that Isaacs created below. You can also download the midlevel manufacturing engineer resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Jobs for manufacturing engineers are projected to grow by 10% (or 25,100 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You’ll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: Michigan, California, Texas, Ohio, and Illinois; and in the following metropolitan areas: Warren, Michigan; Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Detroit.
In this job, you can expect to make a median wage of $85,880 per year, or $41.29 per hour, according to the BLS.
Midlevel Manufacturing Engineer resume template
Sometown, OR 97007
Home: (555) 555-5555
email@example.com | BeKnown URL | LinkedIn URL
Manufacturing engineer with experience improving quality, profitability and processes within the plastics injection molding manufacturing industry. Demonstrated ability to design for manufacturability and implement quality standards. Strong understanding of plastics industry manufacturing processes such as precision injection molding, mold construction, plastic joining technologies, precision machining, assembly and packaging.
- Plastics Manufacturing Processes
- Process Engineering & QA Management
- R&D for Manufacturability
- Mass Manufacturing
- ISO Standards
- Lean Manufacturing / Kaizen / Six Sigma
- Cost Controls / Scrap Reduction
- ERP & MRP
ABC COMPANY (Sometown, OR)
$15 million global manufacturer and supplier of precision molded plastic components
Manufacturing Engineer, 6/2014 to Present
Implement and refine manufacturing processes by applying continuous improvement and lean manufacturing principles to all areas of production.
- Reconfigured 25,000-square-foot plant layout, which improved worker efficiency, reduced material waste by 12% monthly and reclaimed 2,250 square feet of space.
- Upheld quality standards that helped the operation earn ISO 9001 certification in 2011.
DEF COMPANY (Sometown, OR)
Full-service custom manufacturer of precision plastic injection molds
Manufacturing Engineer, 9/2011 to 6/2014
Provided engineering excellence for six new product introductions, handling all phases of manufacturing from concept through production launch.
- Managed pre-design discovery, 3D modeling, prototype build, mold construction, quality and test plans, and order fulfillment.
- Served as a member of the Manufacturing Engineer Group accountable for developing cost-effective solutions to manufacturing production issues.
GHI COMPANY (Sometown, OR)
Provides custom injection molding of precision plastic parts
Plastics Press Operator, Summers 2010 and 2011
- Handled high-volume molding of precision parts for the automotive industry.
BS in Manufacturing Engineering Technology, 5/2011— ABC College (Sometown, OR)
Plastics Engineering Technology Certificate, 12/2014— ABC College (online program)
- Highlights: Commodity Thermoplastics, Engineering & Thermosetting Resins, Plastics Processing, Additives for Polymeric Materials, Advanced Injection Molding, Polymer Processing, Extrusion Die Design, Plastics Mold Design, Plastics Product Design, Commercial Development of Plastics