Sample resume for a physical therapist
Does your physical therapy resume need rehab? If so, check out this sample to see how you strengthen your resume writing.
To be a successful candidate for top physical therapist jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. Does your resume for physical therapist jobs need some rehab? View the sample resume for a physical therapist Isaacs created below and download the physical therapist resume template in Word.
Physical Therapist Resume Sample
Jesse Sussman, DPT, PT
Sometown, NJ 19000 | 609-555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
Physical Therapist (PT) offering exceptional patient-service skills and a demonstrated history of clinical excellence. Credentials include dual-state licensure (NY and NJ); BLS, lymphedema and CPR certifications; and a Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree from a CAPTE- accredited program. Experience working with pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
Physical Therapist, 5/2011 to Present | ABC Hospital, Sometown, NJ
Provide physical therapy services for a 100-bed, specialized acute-care hospital. Assess patients’ rehabilitative needs, develop patient plans and treatment goals and conduct physician-prescribed PT programs. Train PT assistants in physical-rehabilitation-therapy treatments.
- Promoted a positive, professional and solutions-oriented approach with colleagues and ancillary staff. Elevated the hospital’s public image, garnering 20 new 5-star ratings on MediEval website.
- Restored function for patients following disease or profound injury (including loss of limb, traumatic brain injury, stroke, lymphoma and paralysis).
- Provided treatments, modalities and therapeutic exercise programs encompassing active and passive ranges of motion, muscle reeducation, massage and heat/water/ice/electrical/light stimulation.
- Instructed patients in the safe and effective use of pulleys, weights, inclined surfaces and other equipment. Participated in wound-care treatment and helped patients adapt to the use of wheelchairs, braces, canes, crutches and prosthetic/orthotic devices.
- Earned commendations from supervisor and patients for providing high-quality, compassionate care. Helped patients maximize their successes and live within the limits of their physical capabilities.
Clinical Residency, 5/2010 to 5/2011 | DEF Medical Center, Sometown, NJ
Under the supervision of a licensed PT, provided physical therapy treatments and modalities in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Delivered premium patient care and earned “excellent” ratings on all performance reviews.
- Documented patients’ progress and completed discharge summaries, home-program treatment plans and other documentation. Ensured paperwork was timely, accurate and complete.
- Supervised technicians and equipped them with information necessary to provide quality care.
Education & Credentials
Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) | XYZ University, Sometown, NY
Bachelor of Science in Rehabilitation Services | GHI College, Sometown, NY
Credentials: Licensed Physical Therapist, NY and NJ | BLS, Lymphedema and CPR Certified
Member: American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)