Sample Resume for a Midlevel Quality Engineer
Quality engineers should have quality resumes. Check out this sample for a manufacturing quality engineer to see how you can up your resume's quality.
The results of your quality engineering initiatives should stand out on your resume, says resume expert Kim Isaacs. Check out this sample resume she created below for a manufacturing quality engineer to learn how you can improve the quality of your resume. You can also download the midlevel quality engineer resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can search for quality engineer jobs on Monster.
Midlevel Quality Engineer Resume Sample
55 Creek Drive
Sometown, MI 48205
email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Six Sigma / Lean Manufacturing / Process Design & Improvement
Six Sigma Green Belt offering three years of experience in quality engineering, lean manufacturing and product/process design. Deliver quality controls and enhancements to proactively address problems and improve product quality, manufacturing flow, customer satisfaction and bottom-line results.
- Six Sigma & ISO Leadership
- Lean Manufacturing Operations
- Lean Quality Tools (FMEA, Pareto Charts, Fishbone Diagrams, Six Sigma 5S, 8D Methodology)
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Process Development & Improvement
- Scrap Reduction & Output Increase
- Statistical Process Controls (SPC)
- Quality Auditing
- Systems Design & Automation
- AutoCAD, MS Project & MS Office
ABC Company (formerly DEF Company) – Sometown, MI
Manufacturer of fabricated glass products and optical coatings
Quality Engineer, 2012 to Present
Assistant Quality Engineer (internship), 2012
Retained following three-month internship and promoted to quality engineer to improve the efficiency of production operations, prepare engineering drawings in AutoCAD, ensure ISO compliance, manage the engineering change process and act as customer liaison for product quality issues.
Quality Initiatives and Results:
- Led ISO recertification effort, which was granted on first attempt.
- Liaised between design, manufacturing and executive teams as a contributor to development of frameless glass showers product. Ensured product manufacturability, robust design, compliance with regulatory requirements and transition from prototype to production ($525K in sales in 2015).
- Conducted process mapping and time/capability studies to improve throughput by 26%, eliminate bottlenecks and ensure adherence to customer specifications.
- Lowered product returns by 12%, saving $150K per year. Cut number of complaints in half by accelerating customer support response times.
- Increased sales by $190K in 2015 by developing a supplier-qualification program.
- Incorporated Six Sigma methodologies to solve a range of design and manufacturing problems.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
ABC University – Sometown, MI
Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering
- Six Sigma Green Belt, 2011
- Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence, American Society for Quality
Recent Training Highlights: Risk Reduction Engineering, Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), Design & Process FME, Statistical Process Control (SPC) Management, Project Management