Sample Resume for an Entry-Level Research Scientist
A well-researched resume is vital to finding a job in the scientific field. Study this sample resume for an entry-level research scientist for ideas.
A well-researched resume is vital to your job search, says resume expert Kim Isaacs. Study this sample resume she created below for an entry-level research scientist to see how you can emphasize your educational credentials and relevant experience. You can also download the entry-level research scientist resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can learn more about science careers on Monster.
Entry-Level Research Scientist resume template
Sometown, MA 02104
Home: (555) 555-5555
firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
Regenerative Medicine Specialty
- Analytical research scientist with more than two years of experience contributing to tissue-engineered research studies for products that improve lives through regenerative medicine.
- Background includes participation in groundbreaking research in the areas of tissue engineering, cell biology and protein biochemistry.
- Experience running bioassays and laboratory bench studies, writing scientific reports and maintaining research lab operations and equipment.
DEF University, Sometown, MA
Bachelor of Science in Molecular and Cellular Biology(3.85 GPA)
- Honors: Biochemistry & Molecular Biology Honor Society, DEF University Outstanding Senior
ABC Company, Sometown, MA
Research Scientist, Regenerative Medicine, 5/2016 to Present
Research Intern,1/2016 to 5/2016
- Performed wet-lab and molecular biology scientific research, using methods including enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy, high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and polymerase chain reaction(PCR).
- Served on research team that succeeded in new cell line sourcing and characterization assay development for a bioengineered skin substitute accelerating burn victims’ healing process by 35%.
- Led laboratory bench studies and bioassays for product advancements helping damaged tissue heal through cytokine and growth-factor repositioning. Efforts contributed to leading-edge prototypes, including a biologic mesh for hernia repair that is expected to revolutionize the way abdominal wall reconstructive surgery is performed.
- Maintained impeccable standards in managing class 10000 cleanroom and chemical inventories, safely disposing of waste and accurately calibrating laboratory equipment.
American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB)
American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB)