Sample resume for a retail sales clerk
Retail clerks must be personable and exude customer service. Make sure your resume demonstrates these qualities to an employer with this sample.
Retail clerks must be personable and exude customer service. Make sure your resume demonstrates these qualities to an employer when applying for retail sales jobs. For inspiration, view the sample resume below, and download the retail sales clerk resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Retail Sales Clerk Resume Sample
927 Brook Lane | Sometown, TX 75055 | 555-555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Experienced Retail Clerk
Available for all shifts and extended evening/weekend hours
- Retail sales clerk known for exemplary customer service, team player mindset and exceptional cash-handling accuracy.
- Record of dedication and dependability reinforced by consistent “exceeds expectations” ratings on performance reviews and multiple “Employee of the Month” honors.
- Backed by excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to customer service that has been described as “second-to-none” by employers.
Retail & Technical Skills
STORE-MART / DISCOUNT RETAIL CO., Sometown, TX
Big-box retail store locations with up to $500M in annual sales
Retail Sales Clerk, 6/10 to Present
Courteously greet customers and efficiently process transactions within busy, fast-paced retail environments. Operate cash register, scanners and computers to itemize and total customer purchases; collect payments and make change for cash transactions; and balance drawer at the end of each shift. Assist with store stocking, setting up floor-sets and opening/closing procedures.
Three-Time “Employee of the Month,” Store-Mart
Four-Time “Employee Star,” Discount Retail Co.
“Peak Performer Award,” Store-Mart
- Named “Employee of the Month” at both companies in recognition of excellent job performance and dedication to customer service.
- Commended by supervisors for flexibility in changing work hours when asked, often filling in for absent employees during scheduled days off.
- Honored with repeated awards for cash-handling skills, with zero overages or shortages month-over-month.
- Displayed a positive, helpful attitude on a daily basis that was praised by customers and employers alike.
SOMETOWN HIGH SCHOOL, Sometown, TX | Diploma