Sample resume for a retail sales clerk
Want to find a job as a retail clerk? Check out these resume writing tips that can help you get noticed.
Retail clerks can be the difference between a great customer experience and a not-so-great one. To be considered for top retail sales jobs, you need to have a top-shelf resume that demonstrates both your skills and customer service expertise. For writing tips, view this sample resume for a retail sales clerk or download the retail sales clerk resume template in Word.
Retail Sales Clerk Resume Sample
927 Brook Lane | Sometown, TX 75055 | 555-555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Experienced Retail Clerk
Available for all shifts and extended evening/weekend hours
- Retail sales clerk known for exemplary customer service, team player mindset and exceptional cash-handling accuracy.
- Record of dedication and dependability reinforced by consistent “exceeds expectations” ratings on performance reviews and multiple “Employee of the Month” honors.
- Backed by excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to customer service that has been described as “second-to-none” by employers.
Retail & Technical Skills
STORE-MART / DISCOUNT RETAIL CO., Sometown, TX
Big-box retail store locations with up to $500M in annual sales
Retail Sales Clerk, 6/10 to Present
Courteously greet customers and efficiently process transactions within busy, fast-paced retail environments. Operate cash register, scanners and computers to itemize and total customer purchases; collect payments and make change for cash transactions; and balance drawer at the end of each shift. Assist with store stocking, setting up floor-sets and opening/closing procedures.
Three-Time “Employee of the Month,” Store-Mart
Four-Time “Employee Star,” Discount Retail Co.
“Peak Performer Award,” Store-Mart
- Named “Employee of the Month” at both companies in recognition of excellent job performance and dedication to customer service.
- Commended by supervisors for flexibility in changing work hours when asked, often filling in for absent employees during scheduled days off.
- Honored with repeated awards for cash-handling skills, with zero overages or shortages month-over-month.
- Displayed a positive, helpful attitude on a daily basis that was praised by customers and employers alike.
SOMETOWN HIGH SCHOOL, Sometown, TX | Diploma