Sample Resume for a Retail Sales Clerk
Retail clerks must be personable and exude customer service. Make sure your resume demonstrates these qualities to an employer with this sample.
Retail clerks must be personable and exude customer service. Make sure your resume demonstrates these qualities to an employer when applying for retail sales jobs. For inspiration, view the sample resume below, and download the retail sales clerk resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Retail Sales Clerk Resume Sample
927 Brook Lane
Sometown, TX 75055
- Retail sales clerk known for exemplary customer service, team player mindset and exceptional cash-handling accuracy.
- Five-year record of dedication and dependability reinforced by consistent “exceeds expectations” ratings on performance reviews and multiple “Employee of the Month” honors.
- Backed by excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to customer service that has been described as “second-to-none” by employers.
- Retail Sales
- Cash-Handling Accuracy
- Credit Card Transactions
- Customer Service Excellence
- Loss Prevention
- Merchandising & Stocking
STORE-MART/DISCOUNT RETAIL CO., Sometown, TX
Big-box retail store locations with up to $2.6M in annual sales.
Retail Sales Clerk, 6/06 to Present
Courteously greet customers and efficiently process transactions within busy, fast-paced retail environments. Operate cash register, scanners and computers to itemize and total customer purchases; collect payments and make change for cash transactions; and balance drawer at the end of each shift. Assist with store stocking, floor-sets and opening/closing procedures.
- Repeatedly named “Employee of the Month” at both companies in recognition of excellent job performance and customer service.
- Commended by supervisors for flexibility in changing work hours when asked and filling in during scheduled off-days for absent employees.
- Honored with repeated awards for cash handling accuracy, with zero overages/shortages month-over-month.
- Displayed a positive, helpful attitude on a daily basis that was consistently praised by customers and employers alike.
SOMETOWN HIGH SCHOOL, Sometown, TX
High School Diploma, 2006
- Three-Time “Employee of the Month,” Store-Mart, 2009 to 2011
- Four-Time “Employee Star,” Discount Retail Co., 2006 to 2007
- “Peak Performer Award” (for cash-handling accuracy), Store-Mart, 2009, 2010, 20111
- Skilled at operating computerized cash registers, scanners and affiliated POS system
- Basic skills in MS Word and Excel
Available for all shifts and extended evening/weekend hours