Sample Resume for a Mortgage Underwriter
You're well-versed in underwriting guidelines, but do you need a refresher on resume guidelines? To be a successful candidate for mortgage underwriter jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. Use this sample resume for a midlevel mortgage underwriter that Isaacs created below as a guide to preparing your own resume. You can also download the mortgage underwriter resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can search for mortgage underwriter jobs on Monster.
Mortgage Underwriter resume template
29 West Oak St.
Anytown, ND 58102
Home: 555-555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
MORTGAGE UNDERWRITERExpertise in Conventional, FHA, VA & Fannie Mae Loans
Mortgage underwriter known for strengths in risk assessment, income/credit analysis and documentation review. Consistently commended for the timely and accurate completion of compliant loan packages facilitating volume growth while preserving book-of-business quality.
Comprehensive knowledge of underwriting guidelines and restrictions for conventional and government-insured loan programs for both conforming and nonconforming mortgages. Work collaboratively with team members to drive deals to successful funding and close.
SkillsLending & Underwriting Guidelines | Credit & Income Analysis | Cash-Flow Analysis | Risk Assessment | Loan-to-Value Ratios | Debt-to-Income Ratios | Conventional & Government Mortgages | Conforming & Nonconforming Loans | ARMs | Loan Closing, Funding & Documentation | Account Service Excellence
Professional Underwriting Experience
XYZ COMPANY, Sometown, ND
Mortgage Underwriter, 2008 to Present
Underwriting Assistant, 2007 to 2008
Promoted within eight months of initial hire to provide underwriting services within large, full-service regional mortgage lender offering both conventional and government loan programs. Results:
- Balanced the need for loan-volume growth with the equally important necessity of optimum underwriting quality to minimize risk while maximizing profitability.
- Achieved the second-highest loan-funding rate (totaling $12.8M in FY 2011) among a 14-member underwriting team.
- Ensured loan submittals met internal and external eligibility requirements. Gained extensive experience in underwriting FHA, VA and Fannie Mae loans.
- Provided meticulous attention to detail in underwriting mortgages. Evaluated the financial strength of borrowers to determine risk and repayment capacity.
- Leveraged knowledge of loan products to help restructure turned-down loans for subsequent approvals. Maintained compliance with lending, underwriting and government requirements.
- Demonstrated excellent follow-through with borrowers, loan processors, loan originators and management throughout all phases of the underwriting process.
ABC UNIVERISTY, Sometown, ND
BS in Finance, Minor in Business Administration, 2007
Computer Proficiencies: Calyx Point/PointCentral; BytePro; MS Word and Excel; Windows OS; Mac OS X Lion