Cashier resume sample
Scan this sample resume for a cashier to help you bag the job.
Does your resume say, “Cha-ching!” or does it need to be exchanged for a new one? To be a successful candidate for cashier jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a winning resume that will put you in the express lane. For writing tips, view this sample resume for a cashier that Isaacs created below, or download the cashier resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Cashier resume template
Sometown, NV 55555 | 555-555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
ACCURATE | EFFICIENT | DEPENDABLE | CUSTOMER-FOCUSED | TEAM-ORIENTED
Energetic, hardworking cashier valued for fast, friendly service and accuracy in handling customer transactions. Address customers’ needs while quickly moving them through the check-out process. Passionate about serving others and eager to take on new responsibilities and leadership roles.
- Cash Register Transactions
- Drawer Balancing
- Retail Front-End Operations
- Cashier Audits & Reports
- Customer Service Excellence
- Complaint Resolution
- Store Opening & Closing Procedures
- Stocking & Merchandising
- Loss Mitigation
- Shrink Reduction
- POS Systems
- Inventory Management
ABC COMPANY / One of the largest grocery and big box retailers in the U.S. • Sometown, NV
Cashier, 6/15 to Present
Scan, bag and load purchases; process cash, check, credit card, coupon and voucher transactions; verify customer ages for alcohol and tobacco purchases; and manage daily till opening and closing procedures. Help with stocking and merchandising to maximize sales and provide a pleasant shopping experience.
Identified as one of store’s “high-potential leaders” through recent selection for head cashier training (promotion pending following completion of 8-week training program)
Create exceptional guest experiences during checkout:
- Ensured that all guests received a warm greeting at the register, thanks for their patronage and offer of assistance to their vehicles.
- Met or exceeded item-per-hour and scanning goals (processing hundreds of customer transactions daily) while balancing drawer at the end of each shift.
- Distinguished as the store’s first associate to win “Employee of the Month” within 6 weeks of hire.
- Honored with “Integrity Award” for using downtime to clean and organize work area.
- Maintained knowledge of weekly ads, advertised specials and other promotions.
DEF HIGH SCHOOL — Sometown, NV • High School Diploma
Head Cashier Training Program, in progress
Available for all shifts, including weekends and holidays