Esthetician Resume Sample
As an esthetician, you know the importance of a first impression. To get hired for the best jobs, you need an esthetician resume that is as glowing as the work you do on your clients. So if your career's been looking a little spotty lately, this sample resume for an esthetician by resume expert Kim Isaacs can help turn things around. Use it as a guide or download the esthetician resume template in Word.
According to the Bureau for Labor Statistics, jobs for estheticians will see a 17% growth—that's 78,600 jobs—in the next decade, which is much faster than average. The states with the largest employment for estheticians are:
And in the following areas:
Monster data shows that the median esthetician salary is $41,768 per year, and can range from $32,742 to almost $56,000 per year. To find out what you'd make in your location, search the Monster Salary Tool.
Additionally, you can search for esthetician jobs on Monster.
Sometown, GA 30301 * 555.555.5555 * firstname.lastname@example.org
Acne and Rosacea Treatments
Waxing and Threading
“Lauren gave me the best facial of my life, and I’m now a faithful, longtime customer. I’m thrilled with the eyelash extensions as well!” — Beverly J., ABC Salon & Spa ClientSkincare and spa services professional dedicated to making clients look and feel their best. Skilled and certified in a range of facial and body treatments. Blend artistry, a gentle touch, and superior customer service to build a loyal clientele. Proven ability to boost sales of products and services to new bests.
ABC Salon & Spa — Sometown, GA
Esthetician, 2015 to Present * Assistant Esthetician, 2014 to 2015
Ensure guest comfort and safety in performing esthetic services for men and women ranging in age from teens to senior citizens. Listen to client needs; inquire about contraindications; and examine skin, hair, and nails to evaluate condition, appearance, and appropriateness of scheduled service. Recommend at-home regimens and sell spa/salon services and retail products.
- Promoted within six months of initial hire based on excellent sales (25% above goal) and client-acclaimed services and results. Generated 50+ 5-star reviews on Yelp and Google.
- Elevated esthetic product and services sales from <10% to nearly 25% of salon’s total revenues. Cross-sold all salon services, collaborating with nail techs, hairstylists, and massage therapists to create promotional packages bundling multiple services.
- Won buy-in for and launched light therapy and lash extension services that are so popular, there’s typically a waitlist for appointments.
- Ensured impeccable standards in cleaning and sterilizing treatment rooms, tools, and equipment.
- Developed productive relationships with management and colleagues; always jump in to help with salon operations when not with clients.
“For the first time ever, my ‘problem skin’ is no longer a problem thanks to Lauren. Her treatments combined with the products she recommended I use at home have made an amazing difference not only in how I look, but also in my self-confidence. Lauren is the best.” — Anne C., ABC Salon & Spa Client
XYZ Cosmetology Academy — Sometown, GA * Diploma in Esthetics, 2014
Certifications & Licensure:
- Licensed Esthetician, State of Georgia
- Certified in Microdermabrasion
- Certified Laser Technician (ABC Laser Training Academy)
- Certified Lash Extension Specialist (DEF Beauty School)
Get Your Esthetician Resume More Face Time
Now that your resume is ready to go, you want to make sure there are no lingering imperfections. Need a little assistance? Get a free resume assessment from Monster. You'll get feedback in two business days so that you touch up those little problem areas and start your job search looking good.