Sample resume for an inside sales rep
Wondering how to sell yourself for an inside sales position? This sample resume for a sales representative will guide you.
The power of persuasion is key to sales success, but it also works wonders in a job search.
Wondering how to best sell yourself for inside sales jobs? Start with a strong resume to attract hiring managers. For inspiration, view the sample resume for an inside sales rep below, and download the inside sales rep resume template in Word.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), you'll find the highest level of employment for inside sales reps in the telecommunications field in the following states: California, Texas, Florida, New York, and Illinois; and in the following metropolitan areas: New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Houston, and Dallas.
As an inside sales rep in telecommunications, you can expect to earn a median wage of $62,960 per year, or $30.27 per hour, according to the BLS.
Inside Sales Rep resume template
Phone: 713-555-5555 | LinkedIn URL | Sometown, TX 77048 | email@example.com
Inside Sales Representative / Telesales
- Quota-surpassing sales representative with a history of exceeding employer expectations across diverse industries. Enjoy talking to people and establishing a long-term, loyal customer base.
- Persuasive communicator; use consultative selling skills to identify opportunities, overcome objections, build relationships and turn cold canvassing into sales.
- Tenacious negotiator and closer; adept in conveying the benefits of products/services and generating customer interest. Quickly learn, master and sell new product offerings.
ABC COMPANY – Sometown, TX (NASDAQ: ABC) | 1/14 to Present
Inside Sales Representative
Initiate and close sales for a leading provider of telecommunications solutions. Sell service renewals and expand customer base within the Houston, TX, territory. Build relationships with key decision makers and match customers with the right solutions for their needs.
- Served as integral member of team that delivered single-year sales increase of 18%, benchmarking revenues of $10.25M in 2016.
- Consistently exceeded 300 cold and follow-up calls weekly, earning recognition as one of the top 10 reps (out of 125) based on call volume.
- Awarded “Rep of the Quarter” (9/16) for sales, service and relationship-building excellence.
- Nominated by manager for “Sales Rep of the Year” award (2016).
DEF COMPANY – Sometown, TX (NASDAQ: DEF) | 1/08 to 12/13
Solicited business for a major pharmaceutical supplier’s ABC Suite of Products. Managed customer accounts, built positive relationships with customers and grew account base within territory.
- Achieved $785K in sales in FY2013, exceeding gross profit objective by 150%.
- Earned President’s Club membership for outstanding sales achievement in 2012.
- Awarded “Top Channel Performer” recognition for total channel sales in 2011.
XYZ university, Sometown, TX
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies
Get a resume review
As a sales rep, you know you have to present a strong case to your buyers in order for them to get on board. Well, the same is true for your job search. A professional resume can mean the difference between a job interview and getting tossed into a pile. Not sure your resume makes the cut? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service. You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression. Let Monster's experts show you how to improve your resume and get you a step closer to closing the deal on a new job.