Office manager resume objective examples
Show your potential employer that you will be the best office manager by highlighting your unique skills in your resume objective.
Office managers serve as some of the most significant and influential leadership positions in any business. This means that employers are looking for experienced individuals who can live up to every expectation of the job. Are you feeling the pressure yet? Don't sweat it—use these high expectations to your advantage and show your potential employer that you aim to excel. Although resume objectives have been largely replaced by career summaries, an objective can still help you get noticed.
The office manager resume objective
The objective of your resume is the first glimpse employers get into not only your experience, but also your personality and the talents you can bring to the table. Just how are you going to do that as you apply to office manager jobs? Decide which of your best strengths, talents, and especially leadership qualities you will include in your objective. Keep it short and sweet. The more you can convey in the fewest words, the better impression you will make.
What to include in your office manager objective
Employers will often tell you exactly what they are looking for. Pay careful attention to the qualities they list in their job description and on their application form. This will give you a hint as to which of your strengths and talents you should emphasize. Some of the possible qualities your employers are looking for may include:
- Time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Commitment and drive
- Self-starter (willing to take initiative rather than waiting to be told what to do)
- Perform well under pressure
- Any previous management or leadership experience
Don't rely only on this small list for the qualities to include in your objective, rather go the extra mile and tailor your objective to what the employer is looking for. Be honest and careful not to make yourself out to be something you're not.
Sample office manager resume objective
Remember that your objective should reflect your own voice and personality; here are a couple of examples of effective objectives:
- Motivated and organized individual seeking an office manager position with ABC Company in order to support team members and expand clientele using professional communication, excellent cooperation, and customer service skills.
- Seeking an office manager position with ABC company in order to maximize efficiency of employees and stimulate growth of the company through proactive effort, excellent time management, and coordination skills.