Real estate resume sample
View this sample resume for real estate, or download the real estate resume template in Word.
To be considered for top real estate jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says a comprehensive resume will help you close the deal. For realtor resume writing tips, view this sample resume for a real estate agent that Isaacs created below, or download the real estate resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Jobs for real estate personnel are projected to grow by 7% (or 5,600 jobs) from 2018 through 2028, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: Texas, California, Florida, New York, and Georgia; and in the following metropolitan areas: New York City, Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles, and Miami.
As an hr generalist, you can expect to earn a median wage of $54,980 per year, or $26.43 per hour, according to the BLS.
Additionally, you can search for real estate jobs on Monster.
Real estate resume template
Samuel Jones, MAI
Sometown, TX 55555 · (555) 555-5555 · email@example.com
Certified Real Estate Appraiser
- State-certified general appraiser specializing in complete front-to-back valuation and appraisal of residential and commercial real estate. Known for exceptional analytical and narrative writing skills as well as accuracy, integrity and attention to detail in assessing property condition and estimating home value.
- Experience performing hundreds of appraisals for conventional home loans; federally related transactions; foreclosures and REO properties; government easements; insurance claims; and estate settlements.
ABC COMPANY, INC. (Sometown, TX)
Appraisal management company serving the DFW area since 1985
Residential Real Estate Appraiser, 2012 to Present
Real Estate Appraiser Trainee, 2011 to 2012
Hired as a full-time appraiser following trainee role and attainment of appraiser certification. Travel throughout the North Dallas area to perform appraisals estimating the value of land, dwellings and property improvements for single- and multi-family residences, condominiums, townhomes and commercial properties.
Inspect and photograph the interior and exterior of new and existing properties; review and analyze market data, trends and comparable properties; verify square footage and legal descriptions of properties in public records; and prepare written reports assessing property value.
- Praised by employer and lending partners for timeliness, accuracy and attention to detail in providing thoroughly documented appraisals on properties with valuations ranging from $55K to $15M.
- Appraised 200+ properties per year as one of company’s top-producing appraisers. Routinely earned monthly productivity bonuses and achieved a record of zero issues on all underwriting reviews.
- Formally recognized for contributions driving 25% gains in revenues for the past 4 years in a row, with more than half of this growth due to personal efforts expanding FHA, VA and REO appraisal business.
- Leveraged expertise in real estate analysis, valuation modeling and conventional/government financing programs to ensure compliance with USPAP and lender requirements.
- Selected as lead appraiser on project involving permanent easements impacting 50+ property owners for the widening of 10-mile stretch of highway. Ensured homeowners received fair market value for their properties, reversing negative public opinion on initially unpopular development.
Education & Credentials
XYZ University (Sometown, IL) · Bachelor of Science, Major in Finance
Certified General Appraiser · Certified Residential Appraiser (Texas)
MAI Designation · Member of the Appraisal Institute
National Association of Independent Fee Appraisers (NAIFA) Member