Hospital nurse resume sample
Focusing on your credentials and clinical outcomes could be just what your RN resume needs. Get ideas from this sample resume for a hospital staff nurse.
Looking to land the top hospital nurse jobs? Get inspiration from this sample resume for a midlevel hospital staff nurse below. Focusing on nursing credentials, patient-centered care and clinical outcomes could be the cure your resume needs, says resume expert Kim Isaacs. View this sample resume for a hospital nurse she created below and download the midlevel staff nurse resume template in Word.
Jobs for registered nurses (RNs) are projected to grow by 15% (or 438,100 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, which is much faster than average, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: California, Texas, New York, Florida, and Pennsylvania; and in the following metropolitan areas: New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, and Atlanta.
As an RN, you can expect to earn a median wage of $70,000 per year, or $33.65 per hour, according to the BLS.
Additionally, you can check out Monster's nursing site for more valuable information.
Midlevel Staff Nurse Resume Sample
JANET MEYERS, BSN, RN, CEN
Sometown, CA 90010
email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
ABC MEDICAL CENTER (657-bed hospital with an award-winning trauma center), Sometown, CA
RN, Emergency/Trauma, 2015 to Present
Provide nursing care within Level 1 trauma center of this prestigious urban hospital. Handle medical emergencies resulting from events such as strokes, cardiac arrest, car accidents, stabbings, head injuries, poison ingestion, drug overdoses, sexual assault and burns. Assess and stabilize patients with expedience and accuracy. Outcomes:
- Displayed expert clinical skills in managing the critical care of all categories of Emergency Department patients.
- Reacted effectively in emergency scenarios, demonstrating sound decision-making that helped save patient lives.
- Supervised LPNs and CNAs and served as a preceptor/mentor to first-year nursing students.
- Selected to represent Trauma Center on hospital committees including Medication Safety Committee, Nurse Recruitment Committee and JCAHO Readiness Taskforce.
- Contributed to strategic plans and initiatives to advance standards of care excellence, improve patient outcomes and drive continuous improvement.
DEF MEDICAL CENTER (200-bed hospital), Sometown, CA
RN, Emergency Department, 2010 to 2015
Served as a member of interdisciplinary healthcare teams in providing critical care and performing life-saving interventions. Closely monitored ER patients; alerted physicians/charge nurses to changes in patient status; and interacted with patients and family members often suffering from pain, stress, shock or grief. Outcomes:
- Efficiently and knowledgeably provided RN care for all ER patients. Handled intubations, defibrillations, autotransfusions, IV starts, A-line setups, splinting, suturing and more.
- Leveraged interpersonal communication strengths to establish rapport and build trust with patients and families.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
ABC University, Sometown, CA
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Registered Nurse (RN), California
Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN)
ADDITIONAL CERTIFICATIONS & AFFILIATIONS
- Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support), PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support), BLS (Basic Life Support), SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) and CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certifications
- Active member of American Nurses Association and Emergency Nurses Association
Get a resume review
You may have experience in emergency situations, but let's hope your job search doesn't qualify. Could your resume benefit from a review? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service. You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression. Let the experts at Monster show you how to bandage any weak spots and strengthen your overall candidacy for the top jobs.