Licensed practical nurse resume sample
If your resume’s vitals are weak, examine this sample resume for a licensed practical nurse to get ideas on how you can revitalize your document.
To be a successful candidate for top nurse jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume that will make you stand apart from the competition. If your resume's vital signs are weak, check out this sample resume for a licensed practical nurse (LPN) that Isaacs created below, and download the licensed practical nurse resume template in Word.
Jobs for LPNs are projected to grow by 12% (or 88,900 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, which is faster than average, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: Texas, California, Florida, New York, and Ohio; and in the following metropolitan areas: New York City, Los Angeles, Houston, Atlanta, and Dallas.
As an LPN, you can expect to earn a median wage of $45,030 per year, or $21.65 per hour, according to the BLS.
Additionally, you can learn about healthcare careers on Monster.
Licensed Practical Nurse Resume Sample
Danielle Harris, LPN
Sometown, MT 59715
email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Licensed Practical NurseExperience in Home-Health and Pediatric Clinical Settings
Skilled LPN offering expertise in pediatric, geriatric, rehabilitative and post-operative care. Consistently earned praise from patients, family members and supervising clinical directors for delivering excellent nursing care. Eager to secure a full-time LPN position; available for all shifts.
ABC HOME HEALTH SERVICES, Sometown, MT
Licensed Practical Nurse, 5/12 to Present
Delivered in-home nursing services that included:
Wound Dressing & Care | Ventilator & Tracheostomy Suctioning/Care | G-Tube Feedings & Care | Respiratory Treatments & Assessments | IV Therapy | Patient Bathing & Hygiene Assistance | Glucose Checks & Blood Pressure Monitoring | Rehabilitation Therapy
- Traveled throughout 40-mile territory to provide home-healthcare services to pediatric, adult and elderly patients diagnosed with chronic/terminal conditions, convalescing from surgical procedures or recovering from serious illnesses and injuries.
- Followed rehabilitation and treatment plans to accelerate patient recovery; minimize pain, discomfort, infections and complications; and optimize patient outcomes.
- Assessed, monitored and documented patient progress, symptoms and vital signs on each visit.
- Educated clients and their families on the safe treatment of injuries, illnesses and conditions.
DEF CLINIC, Sometown, MT
Licensed Practical Nurse, 5/07 to 5/12
Provided treatment to children with diagnoses including:
Cerebral Palsy | Prematurity | Autism | PDD-NOS | Developmental Delay | Down Syndrome | Fragile X | Velocardiofacial Syndrome | Hemifacial Microsomia | Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Optimized wellness levels of medically fragile children as an LPN within specialized pediatric clinic.
- Assisted RNs and MDs with treatments, therapies and interventions to improve mobility, social/cognitive skills, respiratory functions and cardiovascular health.
EDUCATION, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATIONS
ABC COLLEGE, Sometown, MT
A.A.S. degree in Practical Nursing, (GPA: 3.7)
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), State of Montana
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), State of Montana
DEF COLLEGE, Sometown, MT
Nurse's Aide Program,
Certifications: IV Therapy, | Gerontology, | CPR
Get your resume checked out
As an LPN, you're in high demand, which means you should aim for the top jobs available. Need some help standing out to hiring managers? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service. You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression. For a healthy job search, let the experts at Monster show you where your weaknesses are and prescribe ways to strengthen your candidacy.