Sample Resume for a Sales Manager
Does your resume effectively sell your track record in sales? This resume sample for a midlevel sales manager will show you how it can.
Does your resume effectively sell your qualifications? As a sales manager, your resume needs to convey your track record of sales results, says resume expert Kim Isaacs. To see how, view this resume sample for a midlevel sales manager that Isaacs created below, and download the sales manager resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can learn more about sales careers on Monster.
Sales Manager resume template
Sometown, RI 02918
Home: 555-555-5555 | email@example.com
Top-ranked sales manager recognized for contributions to record-setting sales figures, territory expansion and new account development. Proven ability to lead sales teams to achieve multimillion-dollar revenue gains. Offer an in-depth understanding of the sales cycle process and remain focused on customer satisfaction throughout all stages. Experienced, “fearless” cold-caller and expert presenter, negotiator and closer.
- Sales Team Supervision
- Territory Management
- New Account Development
- Relationship Building
- Complex Negotiations
- Presentations & Proposals
- Closing Strategies
- Sales Training
- Lead Qualification
ABC COMPANY – Sometown, RI
Sales Manager, 1/2014 to Present
Recruited to lead startup of Northeast sales region and manage a 12-member team within $8.2 million, 12-state territory. Grow market share by increasing gasket product-line sales to warehouse distributers and retail stores.
Impact & Results:
- Increased territory sales from less than $4 million to $8.2 million within two years, exceeding quota by 12% in 2011 and 15% in 2010.
- Ranked as #1 sales manager (out of 12) in 2011 and 2010.
- Fostered a robust, sustainable network of buyers from Maine to Florida, leveraging strong listening, presentation and closing skills to optimize sales results despite previously dominant competitor advantage.
- Introduced new gasket lines into the market, often closing sight-unseen sales of newly released products.
- Demonstrated an unwavering commitment to customer service, adding new customers while maintaining premium service levels with existing accounts.
DEF COMPANY – Sometown, RI
Sales Manager, 2/2010 to 1/2014
Sales Associate, 6/2009 to 2/2010
Managed daily operations of automotive service department generating $12.5 million annually. Provided floor sales leadership and supervised eight associates. Rapidly promoted from initial sales associate position.
Impact & Results:
- Surpassed sales goals by 19% in 2009 and 14% in 2008.
- Recognized for superior performance as a two-time district “Employee of the Month” honoree.
- Increased sales of company-owned paint sealants by 24%, selling $245K in sealant products in 2009.
ABC University – Sometown, RI
Bachelor of Science in Business Management, 5/2009