Sample resume for a sales manager
Does your resume effectively sell your track record in sales? This resume sample for a midlevel sales manager will show you how it can.
Does your resume effectively sell your qualifications? As a sales manager, your resume needs to convey your track record of sales results, says resume expert Kim Isaacs. To see how, view this resume sample for a midlevel sales manager that Isaacs created below, and download the sales manager resume template.
If you need additional writing tips, join Monster today, so the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter for jobs in sales management.
Sales Manager resume template
Sometown, RI 02918
Home: 555-555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Top-ranked sales manager recognized for contributions to record-setting sales figures, territory expansion and new account development. Proven ability to lead sales teams to achieve multimillion-dollar revenue gains. Offer an in-depth understanding of the sales cycle process and remain focused on customer satisfaction throughout all stages. Experienced, “fearless” cold-caller and expert presenter, negotiator and closer.
- Sales Team Supervision
- Territory Management
- New Account Development
- Relationship Building
- Complex Negotiations
- Presentations & Proposals
- Closing Strategies
- Sales Training
- Lead Qualification
ABC COMPANY – Sometown, RI
Sales Manager, 1/2014 to Present
Recruited to lead startup of Northeast sales region and manage a 12-member team within $8.2 million, 12-state territory. Grow market share by increasing gasket product-line sales to warehouse distributers and retail stores.
Impact & Results:
- Increased territory sales from less than $4 million to $8.2 million within two years, exceeding quota by 12% in 2011 and 15% in 2010.
- Ranked as #1 sales manager (out of 12) in 2011 and 2010.
- Fostered a robust, sustainable network of buyers from Maine to Florida, leveraging strong listening, presentation and closing skills to optimize sales results despite previously dominant competitor advantage.
- Introduced new gasket lines into the market, often closing sight-unseen sales of newly released products.
- Demonstrated an unwavering commitment to customer service, adding new customers while maintaining premium service levels with existing accounts.
DEF COMPANY – Sometown, RI
Sales Manager, 2/2010 to 1/2014
Sales Associate, 6/2009 to 2/2010
Managed daily operations of automotive service department generating $12.5 million annually. Provided floor sales leadership and supervised eight associates. Rapidly promoted from initial sales associate position.
Impact & Results:
- Surpassed sales goals by 19% in 2009 and 14% in 2008.
- Recognized for superior performance as a two-time district “Employee of the Month” honoree.
- Increased sales of company-owned paint sealants by 24%, selling $245K in sealant products in 2009.
ABC University – Sometown, RI
Bachelor of Science in Business Management, 5/2009