Web developer resume sample
Take your tech career to the next level with a great resume.
Is your resume coded for excellence? To be a successful candidate for web developer jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. For writing tips, view this sample resume for a web developer that Isaacs created below, or download the web developer resume template in Word.
Jobs for web developers are projected to grow by 15% (Or 162,900 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You’ll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: California, New York, Texas, Florida, and Washington; and in the following metropolitan areas: New York City, Los Angeles, Seattle, Chicago, and San Francisco.
Working as a web developer, you can expect to make a median wage of $67,990 per year, or $32.69 per hour, according to the BLS.
Additionally, you can search for web developer jobs on Monster.
Web developer resume template
Sometown, NY 55555 | 555-555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL | Twitter Handle
Creative web developer dedicated to building and optimizing the performance of user-centric, high-impact websites for nationwide, F500 and global companies. Leverage technical, analytical and problem-solving skills to create dynamic, high-speed websites, apps and platforms fueling competitive advantage and revenue growth.
- Web Development
- Coding & Programming
- Search Engine Optimization
- Cross-Browser Compatibility
- Site Troubleshooting
- UX & UI Design
- Agile Methodologies
- Hosting & Maintenance
- Digital & eCommerce Strategy
- CRM & CMS Platforms
- Information Architecture
- Multimedia Design
ABC AGENCY, INC. - Sometown, NY • Web Developer, 2013 to Present
Work collaboratively with clients and in-house agency teams to provide rapid, robust and client-acclaimed front- and back-end web development optimizing user experience, search engine ranking, sales, brand positioning and related metrics.
Representative Projects & Results:
- Global Cosmetics Company: Developed API platform for segmentation, personalized recommendations and omni-channel messaging that reduced cart-abandonment rate by 37%, leading to a $1.25M increase in online sales within 90 days of solution launch.
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturer: Led front-end development and assisted with back-end programming for website overhaul. Ensured the technical feasibility and optimum functioning of design features that accelerated load-time by 17% and improved site stickiness by 21%.
- NYC Real Estate Firm: Increased web traffic 125% by improving navigation, creating dynamic media sections, introducing virtual tours and adding social media plugins.
- Luxury Resort Hotel Group: Developed SEO strategy as well as seamless interface with travel booking sites that resulted in top 5 rankings on Google, Bing and Yahoo! coupled with a 22% increase in annual sales from Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Trivago.
- Restaurant Chain: Contributed to mobile app development and resolved issues causing site crashes, elevating uptime to 99%. Efforts were key to a 27% increase in eCommerce sales.
DEF AGENCY, INC. — Sometown, NY • WordPress Web Developer Intern, 2012 to 2013
Worked with award-winning developers to create and update WordPress sites. Optimized sites for usability, search engine optimization and accessibility. Partnered with marketing department to continually perfect client pitches. Offered job at conclusion of internship (declined to pursue web developer opportunity at ABC Agency).
SOMETOWN UNIVERSITY • Bachelor of Applied Science in Internet and Web Development
Technology Summary (complete list on request)
Upgrade your resume for free
There's plenty of competition for top-paying tech jobs, so you want to make sure your resume positions you for excellence. Not sure your resume is up to the challenge? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service. You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression. Think of it as QA for your job search.