Sample Resume for a Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager Resume Sample
BARBARA ANN JONES
(516) 555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn | Facebook | Blog
Twitter Handle | My del.icio.us | My StumbleUpon | Podcast Links
Skype: SomeSkypeName | Link to download text and PDF resumes
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
Champion of social media tools and technologies, with a track record of creating and implementing successful social media programs. Keep up-to-date with constantly evolving technologies in online social networking, the blogosphere, search tools and Web 2.0, and work closely with clients to create innovative, effective campaigns.
Partial List of Tools (full list available at myportfolio.com)
- Six Apart
- Live Writer
- Podcasting /
- HTML / HTML editors
- Google and related tools (Analytics, etc.)
- Help a Reporter Out (HARO)
- Second Life
XYZ ASSOCIATES, Sometown, NY -- PR firm serving small businesses in the greater NY area
Social Media Manager, 2008 to Present
Partner with some of the most well-known technology companies in New York City to design and execute social media strategies that meet client objectives.
- Develop and manage online marketing campaigns for ABC Co., DEF Co., GHI Co. and JKL Co., effectively driving brand awareness, engagement and traffic to social media pages.
- Achieve a strong, visible social media presence and develop concepts with viral potential. Continuously monitor online public relations and ensure the success of client programs.
- Assess social media marketing strategies to determine rate of return. Identify and tap into new channels to optimize ROI and fuel revenue growth.
- Place stories in BusinessWeek, Wired News, Computerworld and other key news outlets. Ensure placement in social content Web sites such as Digg, StumbleUpon, etc.
- Build a strong base of repeat business and serve as the #1 requested IT consultant.
ACTION GROUP, Sometown, NY -- Full-service ad agency
Senior Account Executive / Junior Account Executive, 2005 to 2008
Promoted to senior AE role, overseeing licensee management for Top Broadcasting Co. Drove a 100% increase in revenue within three years, resulting in annual retail sales of $80M.
ABC UNIVERSITY, Sometown, NY
BA in Marketing, 2004