Nurse Practitioner Resume
A strong, professional nurse practitioner resume is part of the prescription for getting hired.
A strong, professional nurse practitioner resume is part of the prescription for getting hired. If you’ve got your eyes on the top nurse practitioner jobs in your area, a comprehensive resume can help you stand out. For writing tips, view this sample resume for a nurse practitioner that resume expert Kim Isaacs created below, or download the nurse practitioner resume template in Word.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job growth for nurse practitioners is a staggering 45% over the next decade—that amounts to an additional 263,400 jobs. The highest level of employment for nurse practitioners is in the following states:
And in the following areas:
Monster data shows the median nurse practitioner salary is $103,155, with a range of around $56,000 to $123,000. You can find out what nurse practitioners earn in your area by searching the Monster Salary Tool.
Additionally, you can search for nurse practitioner jobs on Monster.
Nurse Practitioner Resume
Daniel Jones, MSN, RN, CRNP, AOCNP
Sometown, PA 18901 * Phone: 555-555-5555 * Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Certified registered nurse practitioner committed to optimizing outcomes and quality of life for oncology patients. Blend advanced clinical skills with holistic approach to ensure patients and family members receive exemplary care, support, referrals, and resources. Collaborate with healthcare teams to diagnose, treat, and manage complex critical illnesses.
ABC UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF NURSING * Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), Oncology Emphasis, 2017
UNIVERSITY OF XYZ SCHOOL OF NURSING * Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), 2013
Credentials (all current):
- Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse Practitioner (AOCNP)
- Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (CRNP)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- ALS, ACLS, and CPR certifications
XYZ CANCER TREATMENT CENTER * Oncology Nurse Practitioner, 2017 to Present
Deliver highly specialized primary care for adults with all stages of a broad range of cancers, including adrenal, anal, bladder, bone, breast, brain, colorectal, cervical, ovarian, pancreatic, prostate, sinus, skin, and testicular. Provide both outpatient clinic coverage and inpatient care, working under the guidance of supervising physicians. Highlights:
- Gained experience in assessing, diagnosing, and treating oncology patients with a focus on quality care. Customized treatment plans and health regimens to meet patient needs, control symptoms, and mitigate medication side effects.
- Improved patient satisfaction scores by providing compassionate care; coordinating diagnostic testing and biopsy procedures; and delivering comprehensive patient education.
- Collaborated effectively with interdisciplinary care teams of oncologists, social workers, pharmacologists, RNs, dieticians, and clinical trial coordinators.
- Initiated and facilitated new “Cancer Transition” educational program that was well received by patients and caregivers.
- Excelled at alleviating patient and family anxieties. Added the personal touch that put patients and family members at ease and helped them procure needed services after discharge.
ABC HOSPITAL * Staff Nurse, 2013 to 2017 * Nurse Resident, 2013
Hired as a full-time RN on Pulmonary floor following commended performance during residency. Provided total nursing care for medically fragile children and young adults requiring ongoing assessment and continual monitoring, including patients with cystic fibrosis, spinal muscular atrophy, traumatic brain injury, pneumonia, and other conditions. Highlights:
- Performed complete, detailed, and accurate histories as the foundation for diagnosing and managing patient care.
- Assisted medical teams with lifesaving code alerts, demonstrating sound judgment in response to seizures and other changes in condition. Praised for clinical interventions preventing loss of life or setbacks in patient treatment plans.
- Participated on Quality Committee that developed and implemented performance and quality improvement initiatives.
American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) * Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) * American Nursing Association (ANA)
Will Your Nurse Practitioner Resume Make the Rounds?
Now that you've got an excellent resume, you want to make sure it will impress hiring managers in health care. Could you use some help with that? Get a free resume assessment from Monster. Whether you want to work in a hospital, clinic, private practice, or elsewhere, Monster can help you craft the best resume possible so that you find a job that's the right fit.