Sample resume for a biochemist
Need to improve the organic reaction to your biochemist resume? Focus on your specialties and the results of your work. Get ideas from this sample.
If you want to improve the "organic reaction" to your resume, focus on your biochemistry specialty areas and the results of your work, says resume expert Kim Isaacs.
This sample resume that she created for a midlevel biochemist can give you some ideas. You can view the sample below or download the biochemist resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Jobs for biochemists are projected to grow by 11% (or 3,600 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, which is faster than average, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: New Jersey, California, Massachusetts, Texas, and Pennsylvania; and in the following metropolitan areas: Newark, NJ; Boston; New York City; Montgomery County, PA; and San Francisco.
As a biochemist, you can expect to earn a median wage of $91,190 per year, or $43.84 per hour, according to the BLS.
Biochemist Resume Sample
Sometown, FL 33116 | (555) 555-5555
email@example.com | LinkedIn URL | Portfolio URL
Biochemist Specializing in Protein Biochemistry & Purification
Diligent and accomplished biochemist experienced in therapeutic protein purification, analytical assay development and immunoassay reagent creation furthering the prevention, early detection, diagnosis and treatment of diseases. Knowledge of FDA, ISO and cGMP requirements; laboratory protocols; quality procedures; and analytical instrumentation.
Processes & Techniques: Protein Synthesis/Purification, Peptide Mapping, Immunoaffinity Chromatographic Immunoassay Development, Ultrafiltration / Diafiltration (UF/DF), Gel Electrophoresis, Bioanalytical & Purification Yield Analysis, Conformational Studies, Analytical Assay Validations, Flow Cytometry
Instrumentation & Technologies: HPLC, LC-MS, IC, ICP, NMR, GE-AKTA Purification Systems
ABC Company, Sometown, FL
Provides laboratory diagnostics and medical-imaging technologies to aid in human and animal health.
Biochemist II, 6/14 to Present Biochemist I, 6/10 to 6/14 Biochemist Intern, 12/09 to 6/10
Advanced to biochemist II role to perform protein purification supporting the manufacture of immunoassay reagents that aid in diagnostic solutions.
Contribute to the development and optimization of the protein purification process:
- Synthesized and purified proteins using chromatography methods, gel electrophoresis, immunoprecipitation and other scientific methods.
- Isolated target proteins and obtained pure samples to enable further structural studies, facilitate antibody generation and enable the creation of binding assays.
- Optimized laboratory instrumentation and stringently followed quality controls, laboratory best practices and scientific protocols related to protein purification.
- Performed complex data analysis; prepared reports complying with FDA, ISO, cGMP and internal regulations; and coordinated material, instrument and process validations.
- Contributed research for published articles on protein biochemistry and purification, polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies and immunodiagnostic technologies. (Publication list available on request.)
DEF University, Sometown, FL
Master of Science in Biochemistry (GPA: 3.6)
Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry, Minor in Statistics (GPA: 3.5)
- Master’s Thesis: Applications for Protein Expression Microarrays in the Detection of Pathogens Associated with Cardiovascular Disease