Sample resume for an entry-level admin
Even if you’re just starting an administrative career, your resume needs to convey your versatility and proficiency. This sample shows you how.
Even if you’re just starting an administrative career, your resume needs to convey your versatility and proficiency. View the sample resume below, and download the entry-level admin resume template in Word. For more information and tips to further your administrative career, see all our advice for admin professionals. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Entry-Level Admin Resume Sample
Sometown, NY 55555 | Phone: 917-555-5555
email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Entry-Level Administrative Assistant
Administrative support professional offering versatile office management skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs. Strong planner and problem solver who readily adapts to change, works independently and exceeds expectations. Able to juggle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines without compromising quality.
ABC school, Sometown, NY
Executive Assistant Certificate, in-progress
Certification: Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), MS Office 2013
Office Management | Records Management | Database Administration | Travel Coordination
Spreadsheets/Reports | Event Management | Calendaring | Front-Desk Reception | Executive Support
MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Project, Publisher | FileMaker Pro | Windows and Mac OS X
ABC school, Sometown, NY · Assistant / Practicum, 2016 to Present
Handle multifaceted clerical tasks (e.g., data entry, filing, records management and billing) as the assistant to the registrar and admissions offices. Coordinate travel arrangements, maintain database and ensure the delivery of premium service to students.
Quickly became a trusted assistant known for “can-do” attitude, flexibility and high-quality work. Highlights:
- Communicated with multiple departments to plan meetings and prepare new student welcome packages.
- Helped coordinate dozens of recruitment events that contributed to high enrollment levels.
- Entrusted to manage office in the supervisor’s absence. Provided timely, courteous and knowledgeable response to information requests; screened and transferred calls; and prepared school correspondence.
- Co-developed 60-page training manual that enabled faster ramp-up for newly hired support staff.
- Created PowerPoint presentation used by Office of Admissions to market executive support programs.
- Earned citations for excellence in areas including work volume, accuracy and quality; ability to learn and master new concepts; positive work ethic; and commitment to providing unsurpassed service.