Sample Resume for an Entry-Level Admin
Even if you’re just starting an administrative career, your resume needs to convey your versatility and proficiency. View the sample resume below, and download the entry-level admin resume template in Word. For more information and tips to further your administrative career, see all our advice for admin professionals. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Entry-Level Admin Resume Sample
15 Applegarth St.
Sometown, NY 55555
Administrative support professional offering versatile office management skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs. Strong planner and problem solver who readily adapts to change, works independently and exceeds expectations. Able to juggle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines without compromising quality.
ABC SCHOOL, Sometown, NY
Executive Assistant Certificate, 2008
- Project Management for Executive Assistants
- MS Office for Professional Staff
- Electronic Presentations for Business Professionals
- Keyboarding and Document Formatting
- Communication Skills for Executive Assistants
- Finance for the Non-Financial Manager
- Professional Office Procedures
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), 2007
KEY SKILLSOffice Skills
- Office Management
- Records Management
- Database Administration
- Event Management
- Front-Desk Reception
- Executive Support
- Travel Coordination
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Outlook
- MS Access
- MS Project
- MS Publisher
- FileMaker Pro
ABC SCHOOL, Sometown, NY
Assistant / Practicum, 2007 to 2008
Handled multifaceted clerical tasks (e.g., data entry, filing, records management and billing) as the assistant to the registrar and admissions offices. Coordinated travel arrangements, maintained database and ensured the delivery of premium service to students. Quickly became a trusted assistant known for "can-do" attitude, flexibility and high-quality work.
- Communicated effectively with multiple departments to plan meetings and prepare welcome packages for new students. Established strong relationships to gain support and effectively achieve results.
- Helped coordinate dozens of recruitment events (average of 12 large gatherings per year) that contributed to consistently high enrollment levels.
- Entrusted to manage office in the supervisor's absence. Provided timely, courteous and knowledgeable response to information requests; screened and transferred calls; and prepared official school correspondence.
- Co-developed comprehensive, 60-page training manual that enabled faster ramp-up for newly hired support staff.
- Developed innovative PowerPoint presentation used by the Office of Admissions to market executive support programs to potential students.
- Earned excellent marks on performance reviews, with citations for excellence in areas including work volume, accuracy and quality; ability to learn and master new concepts; positive work ethic; and commitment to providing unsurpassed service.
Check out a database admin resume sample for additional format tips.