Sample resume for an entry-level admin
Even if you’re just starting an administrative career, your resume needs to convey your versatility and proficiency. This sample shows you how.
Admins help keep offices running smoothly and are employed in a variety of industries, which is good news when it comes time to look for a new job. If you're looking for administrative jobs, your resume needs to convey your versatility and proficiency.
Starting out in the administrative field, you might not be sure which of your skills matter most to hiring managers. No sweat. View the sample resume for an admin below, and download the entry-level admin resume template in Word.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), you'll find the highest level of employment for admins in the following states: California, New York, Texas, Florida, and Pennsylvania; and in the following metropolitan areas: New York City, Los Angeles, Houston, Chicago, and Washington D.C.
In terms of salaries, as an administrative assistant, you can expect to earn a median wage of $37,870 per year, or $18.21 per hour, according to the BLS.
Additionally, you can learn about administrative careers on Monster.
Entry-Level Admin Resume Sample
Sometown, NY 55555 | Phone: 917-555-5555
email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Entry-Level Administrative Assistant
Administrative support professional offering versatile office management skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs. Strong planner and problem solver who readily adapts to change, works independently and exceeds expectations. Able to juggle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines without compromising quality.
ABC school, Sometown, NY
Executive Assistant Certificate, in-progress
Certification: Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), MS Office 2013
Office Management | Records Management | Database Administration | Travel Coordination
Spreadsheets/Reports | Event Management | Calendaring | Front-Desk Reception | Executive Support
MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Project, Publisher | FileMaker Pro | Windows and Mac OS X
ABC school, Sometown, NY · Assistant / Practicum, 2016 to Present
Handle multifaceted clerical tasks (e.g., data entry, filing, records management and billing) as the assistant to the registrar and admissions offices. Coordinate travel arrangements, maintain database and ensure the delivery of premium service to students.
Quickly became a trusted assistant known for “can-do” attitude, flexibility and high-quality work. Highlights:
- Communicated with multiple departments to plan meetings and prepare new student welcome packages.
- Helped coordinate dozens of recruitment events that contributed to high enrollment levels.
- Entrusted to manage office in the supervisor’s absence. Provided timely, courteous and knowledgeable response to information requests; screened and transferred calls; and prepared school correspondence.
- Co-developed 60-page training manual that enabled faster ramp-up for newly hired support staff.
- Created PowerPoint presentation used by Office of Admissions to market executive support programs.
- Earned citations for excellence in areas including work volume, accuracy and quality; ability to learn and master new concepts; positive work ethic; and commitment to providing unsurpassed service.
Fine-tune your resume
A solid administrative resume needs to keep up with industry standards, while also highlighting your strengths and the value you'd bring to the job. Want to make sure yours is in top shape for a job search? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service. You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression. It's a quick and easy way to make sure you are starting your job search on a strong note.