Sample resume for a pharmacy technician
Need a prescription for a new resume? Formulate a resume for job search success by getting ideas from this sample for a midlevel pharmacy technician.
To be a successful candidate for pharmacy jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. Do you need a prescription for a new resume? To see how you can formulate a resume that successfully markets your credentials, check out this sample resume for a midlevel pharmacy technician that Isaacs created below. You can also download the pharmacy technician resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can learn about health care careers on Monster.
Pharmacy technician resume template
Michael Smith, CPhT
Sometown, SC 29606
Certified Pharmacy Technician offering more than three years of experience within a leading national drugstore chain and a small community pharmacy. Dedicated, hard-working and reliable professional who maintains a focus on accuracy and delivers courteous service at all times.
- Prescription Processing
- Pharmaceutical Calculations
- Medical & Pharmaceutical Terminology
- Drug Classifications & Safety
- Medication Inventory Management
- FDA Compliance
- Medicare, Medicaid & Insurance Claims Processing
- Customer Service/Customer Relations
ABC PHARMACY (Fortune 500 retail pharmacy chain), Sometown, SC
Pharmacy Technician, 1/14 to Present
- Swiftly and correctly calculate dosages, dispense medications, prepare prescription labels and fill prescriptions for approval by pharmacists.
- Use the pharmacy’s proprietary computer program to access prescription information including patient and prescriber data, drug selection, prescription interpretation and insurance billing.
- Research and resolve dosage conflicts, potentially harmful drug interactions, insurance issues and other matters to ensure patient safety/wellness and build customer loyalty.
DEF PHARMACY (Community pharmacy chain), Sometown, SC
Pharmacy Technician, 1/09 to 12/13
Pharmacy Technician Trainee, 7/08 to 1/09
- Completed practicum at DEF Pharmacy and subsequently offered enrollment in formal training program followed by full-time employment.
- Worked alongside licensed pharmacists to provide excellent service within high-volume retail setting.
- Helped migrate pharmacy to new patient records system – transferred hundreds of profiles to database and trained several coworkers on new system.
ABC COLLEGE (ASHP-Accredited Program), Sometown, SC
Pharmacy Technician, Diploma in Applied Science, 6/08
- Completed 225 practicum hours at DEF Pharmacy, GHI Pharmacy and JKL Pharmacy.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
South Carolina Pharmacy Technician Certification
RECENT WORKSHOPS COMPLETED:
Inventory Management, Compounding, Automated Devices for Dispensing Drugs, Pharmacology and the Nervous System, Drug Classifications, HIPAA, Pharmacy Law and Ethics