Sample Resume for a Commercial Property Manager
When it comes to managing a commercial building, property managers have a variety of responsibilities. To see how to build up your resume to reflect your expertise and accomplishments in each area, view our property manager sample resume below and download the commercial property manager resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Lily Z. Sawyer
6172 Adaven Drive, #319 • New York, NY 10155
firstname.lastname@example.org • H: 212-527-5050 • C: 212-527-5051
Commercial Property Manager
Multisite Portfolio / Tenant Relations / Profitable Negotiations
Dynamic, energetic, and highly experienced in commercial property management with solid history of success, including oversight of multimillion-dollar properties. Steadfast leader, mentor, and coordinator with track record of steering improvement projects, building and guiding top-performing teams, and optimizing internal operations. Talent for cultivating and supporting tenant relationships, leading to high occupancy rates, minimal turnover, and renewal of long-term leases. Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Contract & Lease Negotiations
- Vendor Service Management
- Business Development / ROI
- Market Research & Analysis
- Budget Development & Forecasting
- Safety & Building Code Compliance
- Process & Standards Improvements
- Team Leadership & Training
Linus Corporation – New York, NY
Sr. Commercial Property Manager (6/2014 to Present)
Direct team of 11 property managers for high-profile commercial real estate firm with portfolio exceeding 27 million sq. ft. and comprising 130+ properties.
Forge and sustain relationships with key decision-makers within commercial entities to negotiate profitable contracts and secure long-term tenant agreements. Coordinate hiring, training, and ongoing professional development of property management and administrative staff. Develop reports, administer budgets, allocate resources, and ensure operational compliance with industry and corporate standards. Guide property improvement projects, partnering with contractors, building owners, and stakeholders to secure on-time deliverables.
- Spearheaded development and roll-out of innovative marketing campaign that maximized portfolio asset performance.
- Successfully coordinated execution of multiple high-value property build-outs and upgrades to enhance marketability and position of assets.
- Recommended and guided deployment of improved digital filing system to optimize management and accuracy of lease information.
Pearl Station Properties – Syracuse, NY
Property Manager, Commercial Division (5/2009 to 6/2014)
Oversaw tenant relations and management of multiple commercial properties representing 350K+ sq. ft. for regional industry leader with 20 employees.
Held bottom-line responsibility for end-to-end property management functions, including tenant relations, facility security / maintenance, and oversight of contracted services. Maintained proactive focus on sustaining full occupancy levels. Interfaced internally and externally with legal and finance departments as well as third-party vendors. Mentored and coached junior property managers.
- Earned recognition for maintaining properties at high capacity with low turnover through on-target advertising, professional networking, and excellent tenant relations.
- Successfully turned around high delinquency rate by effectively communicating with tenants and improving process for collecting and tracking lease payments.
Shephard & Shephard Properties, Inc. – Syracuse, NY
Property Management Assistant (2/2006 to 5/2009)
Contributed to operational efficiency for well-established organization specializing in managing and maintaining residential, commercial, and industrial property.
Assisted with improving wide range of property management functions, to include primary focus on interfacing with existing and prospective tenants and delivering top-flight client service. Prepared lease and rental agreements, ensuring accuracy and completion. Performed office administration and accounting functions, including balancing accounts, collecting and recording rental payments, and data management. Communicated with property managers, company leaders, and customers.
- Earned recognition for recommending new process for tracking status of lease negotiations and agreements resulting in significant time savings and improved client relations.
DI Commercial Construction – Binghamton, NY
Project Management Intern (12/2005 to 2/2006)
Provided support for wide range of operations and projects as well as gained valuable industry insight.
Participated in multiple and concurrent construction and building maintenance projects, delivering support to project contributors and stakeholders. Performed research and analysis as part of bidding and proposal development process.
Education and Credentials
Bachelor of Business Administration in Real Estate – 2006
Baruch College, CUNY – New York, NY
Certified Property Manager (CPM) – 2009
Member, Property Management Association – 2007 to Present
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), QuickBooks, Quicken
Buildium, Propertyware, Total Manager, Rent Manager Online, and Yardi (Genesis/Voyager)