Security guard resume sample
Secure your future with a great resume.
Looking to secure a new job in the near future? Start here! To be a successful candidate for security guard jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. For writing tips, view this sample resume for a security guard that Isaacs created below, or download the security guard resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Jobs for security guards are projected to grow by 6% (or 71,000 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: California, New York, Texas, Florida, and Illinois; and in the following metropolitan areas: New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington D.C., and Houston.
Security guard resume template
Sometown, NJ 55555 | 555-555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Experienced Security Guard
Law enforcement professional whose background includes experience as a security guard for large events and venues as well as decorated service as a U.S. Army police officer. Earned awards for professionalism, integrity and “heroic acts” protecting people, property and assets.
- Corporate & Retail Security
- Event Security & Crowd Control
- Loss Prevention & Mitigation
- Shrink Reduction
- Customer Relations
- Facility & Asset Protection
- Firearms Handling & Safety
- Defensive Tactics
- Counter-Terrorism Measures
- HAZMAT Handling
- VIP/Personal Protection
- Criminal Investigations
- Undercover Surveillance
- CCTV Systems
- Workplace Safety
ABC COMPANY (Sometown, NJ)
Security Guard, 2015 to Present
Retained by nationwide security services firm to serve on security guard details for high-profile clients and events (e.g., pro sports games, tournaments and concerts).
- Uncovered internal theft ring at manufacturing company that halted weekly losses of $5K+. Advised client of suspicions and instituted vehicle inspections of warehouse personnel.
- Honored with “Hero Award” by F500 retailer for strengthening the security of receiving operations. Identified truck seal tampering and discrepancies on inventory/SKU records, leading to the arrest of criminal offenders responsible for $100K+ in stolen merchandise.
- Commended by supervisors and retail clients for contributions to effective loss Served on uniformed security and undercover surveillance teams delivering shrink reductions of up to 25% by deterring theft, apprehending shoplifters and recovering stolen goods.
- Demonstrated calm under pressure and quick decision-making in responding to emergency scenarios and crisis situations. Examples include leading the incident-free apprehension of armed terrorism suspects at an NFL game and performing CPR that revived a store customer suffering from a heart attack while waiting for paramedics to arrive.
U.S. ARMY (5-year tour of duty)
Military Police (MP) Officer / U.S. Embassy (South Korea) Security Guard, 2010 to 2015
Participated in criminal investigations and provided security details for U.S. dignitaries. Contributed to safety, asset protection, loss prevention and law enforcement efforts. Honored with numerous medals, awards and commendations (list on request). Honorably discharged.
Education & Certifications
Graduated with distinction (Top 5%) from U.S. Army Military Police School (USAMPS)
First Aid & CPR Certified n Licensed to carry a concealed weapon