Sample Resume for a Research Technician
If research is a breeze but writing a resume is a bane, review resume samples to learn how to emphasize your most impressive qualifications. Check out this sample resume for a midlevel research technician below for inspiration.
View and download the Research Technician resume template in Word.
Learn more about science careers.
Research Technician resume template
55 First Drive
Sometown, MN 55806
Home: (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Industrial Chemicals | Coatings/Adhesives | Specialty Gases
Hands-on research technician with three years of research experience with leading industrial chemical and gas manufacturers. Qualifications include:
- A solid foundation in inorganic chemical synthesis;
- Proven skills in utilizing SEM, TGA and dilatometry testing methods;
- Expertise in sample and data collection, analysis and reporting; and
- Demonstrated success maintaining safe laboratory operations.
ABC Company, Sometown, MN
Manufacturer of industrial chemicals and gases
Research Technician, 2/10 to Present
Assist in the design and execution of research, testing and analysis of ABC’s chemical products – coatings, resins, adhesives and industrial gases. Use tools and methods including solid-state synthesis, scanning electron microscopy (SEM), thermogravimetric analysis (TGA) and dilatometry.
- Achieved optimal quality control through detailed testing, synthesis and analysis of multicomponent metallic oxides and ceramic samples.
- Maintained compliance with safety guidelines and company SOPs in handling toxic chemicals and operating gas-handling equipment such as compressor systems, distribution systems and pressure regulators.
- Developed and launched SEM and TGA training program that was subsequently adopted as the companywide standard.
- Strengthened environmental health and safety (EH&S) standards as a member of ABC’s nationwide laboratory health and safety committee.
DEF Company, Sometown, MN
Chemical manufacturer serving the energy sector
Research Technician, 9/09 to 2/10
Research Apprentice, 6/09 to 9/09
Gained experience in the preparation of inorganic compounds using high-temperature, high-pressure and other synthetic techniques.
- Performed data reduction and analysis and prepared reports, R&D briefings and safety documentation.
- Assessed chemical stability and thermal/chemical expansion by simulating process conditions within a state-of-the-art laboratory.
- Helped conduct cutting-edge experimental research involving superconductivity and molecular sieves technology.
EDUCATIONGHI University, Sometown, MN
BS in Chemistry, 5/09 (graduated with honors; GPA: 3.7)