Medical receptionist resume sample
View this sample resume for a medical receptionist, or download the personal assistant resume template in Word.
The hiring manager will see you now—that is, if your resume’s vitals are on point. To be considered for top medical receptionist jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. For resume writing tips, view this sample resume for a medical receptionist that Isaacs created below, or download the medical receptionist resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), you'll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: Texas, California, Ohio, Michigan, and Massachusetts; and in the following metropolitan areas: Houston, Dallas Los Angeles, Boston, and New York City.
As a waitress, you can expect to earn a median wage of $34,610 per year, or $16.64 per hour, according to the BLS.
Additionally, you can search for medical receptionist jobs on Monster.
Medical receptionist resume template
Sometown, VT 55555 l (555) 555-5555 l firstname.lastname@example.org l LinkedIn URL
Patient-focused, detail-oriented and computer-savvy medical receptionist. Personable and courteous in all interactions with patients and team members and skilled at anticipating physician and practice needs.
- Effective in handling office and administrative tasks within busy, multi-physician practices.
- Expedient in processing patient check-in/check-out, verifying insurance and collecting third-party claims.
- Efficient in managing appointment scheduling, patient records, medical billing and financial information.
Computer Programs: Meditech, CureMD l MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
XYZ Surgical Center (Sometown, VT) l Medical Receptionist, May 2014 to Present
Provide multifaceted administrative support for busygeneral surgical practice. Answer phones; handle insurance pre-certifications; schedule surgeries, appointments and meetings for 3 surgeons (including DEF Hospital’s chief of surgery); and manage medical file upkeep and office supply ordering.
- Improved the organization of patient files and practice records, instituting new systems that saved time, minimized errors and accelerated insurance payments by up to 75%.
- Maintained cancer patient program, ensuring accuracy on data entry and tracking of 300+ cancer patients and their follow-up schedules.
- Leveraged medical coding knowledge and communication skills to advocate successfully for patients with insurers and HMOs. Excelled at reversing denials into fully reimbursed medical claims.
ABC Medical Practice (Sometown, VT) l Medical Receptionist, June 2010 to April 2014
Extended a friendly greeting to all patients and managed scheduling, paperwork and office procedures within high-volume, 5-physician family medical practice.
- Recognized for outstanding organization, accuracy and efficiency in verifying insurance benefits, updating patient data in charts and routing documents to appropriate
- Obtained timely insurance referrals for patients requiring follow-up with specialists by calling insurance companies and using tools such as Availity and NaviNet.
- Provided excellent customer service to all patients by knowledgably answering questions; proactively solving problems; and creating a welcoming environment.
Sometown High School (Sometown, VT) l High School Diploma